Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

20 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

In the first half Comrie was outstanding, always available and showed nifty footwork when under pressure.  The sending off was a deserved one and its timing couldn't have been better.  With 11 men I am sure they would have piled in at the start of the 2nd half but instead had to modify their tactics.

Although Murphy had little to do, a lot of that can be attributed to Skinner in the middle of the defence, whose interceptions and tackling were top notch.  Anderson really set the cat amongst the pigeons with strong, direct running and our goal was overdue.

A thoroughly deserved win and you always know when Gemmell is doing well when the opposition fans boo his every touch.

Spot on!

The angry mob were using every profanity they could think of to abuse Gemmell(which to be fair was very limited as the most intelligent of the mob looked like he had the IQ of a flip flop), McCormack  was laughing at them and questioned the parentage of a particularly loud dense chap wearing spectacles and Max gave them his views on independence, this succeeded in offending a support who liked to dish it out but became very sensitive when it was highlighted how moronic they were!

2 hours ago, boness4ever said:

After 15 minutes,I feared the worst,but after we settled,we were the better team,the red card made a difference, although Craig Comrie could also have seen red,all round good showing,with MOTM Danny Galbraith,but Zander looks a shadow of the player he can be

Agree Galbraith played well, could have been MOTM.

I thought when Anderson came on he gave something that had been missing all night, he was taking players on and going past them, he wasn’t pushed off the ball, he was putting decent balls in the box and making the keeper work and at one point showed that although carrying a bit timber he has bags of pace! Prior to him coming on Boness we’re the better side but without really threatening. All about opinions and no doubt mine will upset some sensitive souls.

5 hours ago, Legless said:

Agree Galbraith played well, could have been MOTM.

I thought when Anderson came on he gave something that had been missing all night, he was taking players on and going past them, he wasn’t pushed off the ball, he was putting decent balls in the box and making the keeper work and at one point showed that although carrying a bit timber he has bags of pace! Prior to him coming on Boness we’re the better side but without really threatening. All about opinions and no doubt mine will upset some sensitive souls.

Leave the young lad alone

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Probably does to be fair but also up to him to make himself a guaranteed pick every game.

Agreed, his performances the last 4 games (only 1 starting) have provided a strength middle to front that Boness have been lacking since Alan MacKenzie left. In my opinion!

Three wins on the bounce would no doubt do nicely regardless. Would be easier for a rivalry to develop if the Shire were a well supported club their community cares passionately about. I used to watch them quite a bit back in the 1980s and Denis Healey's phrase about being savaged by a dead sheep comes to mind on that score.

Sure that the supporters club will soon be looking to gauge numbers for the trip to Wick. It won't be cheap. Worth mentioning that the SINGLE train fare is £32. That leaves 6.20 at Linlithgow and after 2 changes gets you to Wick at 4 minutes before KO !! And there appears to be no train back....which added to Sunday train strikes means it's the bus or car that's the only option.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sure that the supporters club will soon be looking to gauge numbers for the trip to Wick. It won't be cheap. Worth mentioning that the SINGLE train fare is £32. That leaves 6.20 at Linlithgow and after 2 changes gets you to Wick at 4 minutes before KO !! And there appears to be no train back....which added to Sunday train strikes means it's the bus or car that's the only option.

You really don't want to get a train to Wick.  Not sure if still the case but you had to make sure you were on the right end of the train as one half disengaged at Wick and the other half went on to Thurso without stopping.