Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

3 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

What's the assessment of the galacticos then.

Greg skinner - Has been one of the best players, consistently, so far.  I know you criticised him heavily but he has done well when sweeping up behind Hunter.

Keir macaulay - Until last night he had been impressive, strong and always willing to come forward

Conor McKenzie - Looked good when played against the real dross but is still learning his trade.  A back-up player.

Connor mcmullan - Like the above but with a bit extra but would not be in strongest eleven.

Paul Gillespie has just joined so doubt theirs much of am opinion - One subs appearance is too little to judge on.

I'll give it a bash, see above.

I agree with the assessments given by Jamboness. All of them look like they could improve given time. When the Camelon guys came in Max Christie said that they were being brought in as squad players rather than first eleven. Injuries, holidays and fall outs have meant they have had far more appearances than probably planned.

Don't mention the G word. We've all got to move on according to some on here but they maybe didn't witness last night's shitshow.
One man doesn't make a team but would we have blown a 2 goal lead last night with him in midfield?
Gemmill is exactly what we need to grind out results or defend a lead. That would appear to require a lot of bridge building.
And at the risk of repeating myself, treatment of Stevenson seems sadly similar.

49 minutes ago, Pennelton Percy said:

Gemmill is exactly what we need to grind out results or defend a lead. That would appear to require a lot of bridge building.
And at the risk of repeating myself, treatment of Stevenson seems sadly similar.

At the risk of repeating 8mileBU, 2 totally different cases.

19 hours ago, Pennelton Percy said:

Stevenson was back for EK game and only missed Wednesday because he was away.  Sometimes people want to read too much into things

17 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Stevenson was back for EK game and only missed Wednesday because he was away.  Sometimes people want to read too much into things

Whataboutery, the manager picks what he thinks is his best side from what he sees in training and on the park, I think he has got it wrong this season as far as Gemmell is concerned, I don’t see a direct replacement for Gemmell.

Hopefully they get a result today without him.

Edited by Legless

9 minutes ago, John S said:

EK didn't publish the match highlights after all 

I think that says everything.  At least the club could have been honest, shown the officials mistakes and no blame could be attached to them.  Haven't done themselves any favours.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The BU's v Bonnyrigg Rose is always a tough fixture. Let's hope for a good performance from the boys today.

Mon the BU's !!!

Looking forward to attending today and seeing your new paddock. Always goals in our contests and big McGachie returning to his favourite ground!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

I think that says everything.  At least the club could have been honest, shown the officials mistakes and no blame could be attached to them.  Haven't done themselves any favours.

Don't think you're doing yourself any favours.

I don't see how EK (or any club) can be blamed for the official and his assistants ability or inability to referee a game competently. We got beat in controversial circumstances. It's happened before and it'll happen again. It also happened SEVEN days ago and posting the match highlights won't change that. Time to move on.

On our current performances, I'd be more concerned that someone might be filming this afternoon's game and more importantly, that Andy Murphy is fit and well today.

3 minutes ago, YirTea'sOot said:

Don't think you're doing yourself any favours.

I don't see how EK (or any club) can be blamed for the official and his assistants ability or inability to referee a game competently. We got beat in controversial circumstances. It's happened before and it'll happen again. It also happened SEVEN days ago and posting the match highlights won't change that. Time to move on.

On our current performances, I'd be more concerned that someone might be filming this afternoon's game and more importantly, that Andy Murphy is fit and well today.

I think you misunderstand me.  I am merely stating that if a club does not post highlights just because of dubious decisions made during a game, it then looks suspicious in itself.  I am not blaming the club for these decisions but they would look whiter than white if they were to show the highlights.  Who knows, maybe the fans were wrong?  But I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I think you misunderstand me.  I am merely stating that if a club does not post highlights just because of dubious decisions made during a game, it then looks suspicious in itself.  I am not blaming the club for these decisions but they would look whiter than white if they were to show the highlights.  Who knows, maybe the fans were wrong?  But I doubt it.

There was controversial decisions all game. If there was a Referee’s advisor at the game then he should surely on the evidence we saw mark the official down. Also if not there, then the video would provide the opportunity to form an opinion based on what he saw.

Of course it can’t influence the result but it can highlight the inadequacy of these officials.

Piss poor from EK

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

If you feel you need the match highlights to prove we were stiffed, fair enough.

As I said, I'm more concerned about this afternoon's game than whether or not last week's opponents are playing silly buggers.

Good to see the salty tears are still flowing🤣🤣🤣

Im sure ekfctv will put the highlights up when they have them sorted. Nothing to to with a big conspiracy to hide anything as the salty brigade may want us all to believe.

Think dave summed it up well when he said yous were beat on the day by the better team over the piece. Shite refereeing is not a new thing. And will continue to be the way some weeks.

So time to dry them and move on chaps.