Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Ended East Kilbride 1 Bo'ness United 0.
Boo !!

Referee hopeless. Inconsistent decisions. BU player + foul = yellow card. EK players were fouling with impunity.

Non fat assistant ignored the EK player being offside for their goal and ruled a late BU equaliser offside despite the BU player being behind the ball playing in the cross.

Dolly, first half we were rotten but we played a bit better in the 2nd half.

The officials were really poor and the linesman made 2 clear offside errors that went against the BU. Almost every BU foul was a yellow card but EK players were getting a chat for near identical fouls. Referee and assistant give a bye kick, EK players question the decision and the referee weakly reverses the decision and gives EK a corner.

Despite the officials being poor through my blue tinted spectacles I would admit the better team over the 90 won today.

As for the BU's at the moment they just don't make enough chances and are too slow getting the bodies up the pitch. Punting a ball 60 yards up to Miller all alone v 2 centrehalfs is rarely going to produce anything.
Likewise the BU set pieces were either too long or easy catching practice for the EK keeper.

Max will probably say we are set up to play 4-3-3 but in reality it's a 4-5-1 with Zander Miller chasing scraps. It was only when Kieran Anderson came on and we shaped up 4-4-2 that we looked like threatening the EK net.

Decent travelling support for the BU's today.......pray for any of them who had an East Kilbride pie.

50 minutes ago, dolly said:

Sounds like the officials were poor. That aside how did we play, your h/t summary wasn’t good

Missing Jamie McCormack (Injured), Nick Locke(2 game suspension) Plus Gemmell still missing. 
However, stringing two passes together was difficult. Brought Anderson on and he at least was more direct.

Regards the EK goal we were in line with it and as Dave said two players were approx. 2 yards offside absolutely no doubt. 

Finally the non - equaliser was a legitimate goal.

The 2 officials involved in the controversial goal decisions should perhaps book a visit to their sponsor asap as they were a fecking disgrace.

10 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Dolly, first half we were rotten but we played a bit better in the 2nd half.

The officials were really poor and the linesman made 2 clear offside errors that went against the BU. Almost every BU foul was a yellow card but EK players were getting a chat for near identical fouls. Referee and assistant give a bye kick, EK players question the decision and the referee weakly reverses the decision and gives EK a corner.

Despite the officials being poor through my blue tinted spectacles I would admit the better team over the 90 won today.

As for the BU's at the moment they just don't make enough chances and are too slow getting the bodies up the pitch. Punting a ball 60 yards up to Miller all alone v 2 centrehalfs is rarely going to produce anything.
Likewise the BU set pieces were either too long or easy catching practice for the EK keeper.

Max will probably say we are set up to play 4-3-3 but in reality it's a 4-5-1 with Zander Miller chasing scraps. It was only when Kieran Anderson came on and we shaped up 4-4-2 that we looked like threatening the EK net.

Decent travelling support for the BU's today.......pray for any of them who had an East Kilbride pie.

I did. I am now having a curry as an antidote

The casual observer of this thread could be forgiven for thinking it was just another case of fans displaying sour grapes at losing and blaming the easiest target, the referee.  On this occasion, however, the earlier posts should be heeded.

It is ironic that pre-match jesting over the physical shape of one of the officials was aimed at the one official who did his job competently.

Getting one off-side decision wrong when it leads to a goal is bad enough but to then compound that by wrongly raising a flag to deny an equaliser, is ridiculous.

The ref did his bit for the k, too.  Players and fans want consistency when cards are shown but this ref was only really interested in penalising Bo'ness.  Home player Jamie Stevenson twice scythed down United players and got away with both and yet I don't have to tell you what the ref did when a BU player went in hard.  His weakness was highlighted when he allowed the home players to pressure him into changing a decision.

Sour grapes?  No.  Anger?  Yes.