Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

4 minutes ago, Arnie said:
8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t dangerous and he wasn’t the last man. If that tackle had been in the centre circle to prevent a counter attack it would’ve been called “a good foul” or “taking one for the team” and a yellow card at best. Pathetic, soft 

Watch it again 

Don’t need to was literally right in front of me and watching it again won’t change my mind.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Rose and Athletic are trying to sign him out of pure pettiness more than a player they actually wanted.

If Max doesn't want him he would be a great buy.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I totally agree. Despite being no spring chicken he’d be a great signing for most Lowland League teams and definitely any EOS side.

Would walk into any Lowland League or EOSFL side. 
In the last four years Gemmell and Hunts epitomised Bo’ness.

Edited by Legless

24 minutes ago, Arnie said:
29 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t dangerous and he wasn’t the last man. If that tackle had been in the centre circle to prevent a counter attack it would’ve been called “a good foul” or “taking one for the team” and a yellow card at best. Pathetic, soft 

Watch it again 

Ref was overheard saying to bo'ness player who made similar challenge earlier in match to that if you made that challenge nearer the penalty area I would have sent you off, not sure why a challenge should be different depending on where it is on the park. ? 

I don't know what's happened between Michael and the manager but Max has been with the BUs for two and a half years and Michael has played in the vast majority of the games where he has been available. The 19/20 season he missed a spell but I can't remember if he had an injury or what.  Last season Michael played in all 13 games. Whatever's going on it's sad to lose such a great player for the club.

2 minutes ago, John S said:

I don't know what's happened between Michael and the manager but Max has been with the BUs for two and a half years and Michael has played in the vast majority of the games where he has been available. The 19/20 season he missed a spell but I can't remember if he had an injury or what.  Last season Michael played in all 13 games. Whatever's going on it's sad to lose such a great player for the club.

Time for everyone to settle down. No player or manager is bigger than the club. This situation along with many others has happened countless times over the years and is soon forgotten, lets move on and get behind the club.

Time for everyone to settle down. No player or manager is bigger than the club. This situation along with many others has happened countless times over the years and is soon forgotten, lets move on and get behind the club.
Needs sorted. Christie appears to be treating Stevenson the same way.

11 minutes ago, Pennelton Percy said:
9 hours ago, Standalone said:

It looks that way. 

11 hours ago, Standalone said:

This 100%.  Everyone needs to wind their heads in.  Is it true?  So far, all we have is rumours and hearsay.  Might be true, I don't know.

If it is true, time to look forward and we have a player at the club who has shown for the last two years that he can play in Michael's position and add something to the role and that is Craig Comrie.  He has been showing great form and even has a goal or two in him, which I am sure Michael would agree was not his strong suit.

Michael has been a great servant and I hope his connection with the club isn't ending on a sour note but if so, the King is dead, long live the King!

28 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

This 100%.  Everyone needs to wind their heads in.  Is it true?  So far, all we have is rumours and hearsay.  Might be true, I don't know.

If it is true, time to look forward and we have a player at the club who has shown for the last two years that he can play in Michael's position and add something to the role and that is Craig Comrie.  He has been showing great form and even has a goal or two in him, which I am sure Michael would agree was not his strong suit.

Michael has been a great servant and I hope his connection with the club isn't ending on a sour note but if so, the King is dead, long live the King!

Agreed Michael has been a great servant to Boness  but players move on 

19 hours ago, Standalone said:

Agreed it was always going to happen,  but I think most of us feel Michael still had plenty in the tank and plenty to offer the team. A master of “the dark arts” and a guy who just makes others around him play better. 

10 hours ago, Pennelton Percy said:

Completely disagree. Stevenson is a real opinion divider amongst BU supporters but for me he has never played consistently well, nailed down a position and made himself a certain starter. 

I also certainly don’t think Max has any agenda other than to make Bo’ness a winning side. As much as we’re a team in a period of transition, until such time that we are absolutely terrible or getting cuffed every week, I am fully behind Max. 

Edited by 8MileBU

On 07/08/2021 at 23:55, karate kid said:

Ref was overheard saying to bo'ness player who made similar challenge earlier in match to that if you made that challenge nearer the penalty area I would have sent you off, not sure why a challenge should be different depending on where it is on the park. ? 

Denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity is supposed to be the yardstick on that. That's most likely to apply in or around the box.

Apparently the red was because the ref deemed it a challenge using excessive force. If anything Jamie McC came in at the same time and his challenge was more severe.

It wasn't an obvious goal scoring opportunity and therefore shouldn't have been a red card IMO.

I didn't realise unil that post that Chris Graham was the referee on Saturday. He was the stupid cnut who was at fault in the infamous BU v Blantyre Vics game.

He probably was desperate to give a BU player a red card on Saturday as payback for the rightful criticism he received for his handling of that debacle.