Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hunter has sore baws after the snip. Was walking like a cowboy today. Named as a substitute but was never coming on.

Do you have any idea on Mitchell’s injury status?

16 hours ago, Arnie said:

Dev and Jamie were outstanding and Jamie wins MOTM for me just but Boness fans saying dev can’t play in the lowland league get real 

I have literally never heard anyone say that and am struggling to believe anyone would have. 🤨

For me, in what’s been a poor season, Dev would be my vote for POTY. Can’t say the boy has ever stood out as having had a bad game, certainly no worse than anyone else when the match hasn’t gone our way. He gives 100% every single game until the final whistle, also whether the result is going our way or not.

Dev’s looked like the only man wanting to win or even scrape a point all too often this season and BU would’ve been worse off without him in the team.

Edited by 8MileBU

On 17/03/2022 at 14:31, seenitall said:

Injuries are not the only factor with these players .

Murphy - good goalie

McCormack - liability - get rid

McCauley - not sure if LL standard

Skinner - Decent player but lack of pace questions if LL standard .

Carstairs ???

Jacobs - great servant but no longer LL standard .

Hawkins , not LL standard .

Gemmell - Been great for us but struggling now at LL level .

Galbraith - part timer on the pitch .

Locke - good player but never plays in his correct position behind the striker , looks pissed off . Play him in his best position and you’ve got a player .

Grant - good player in flashes , not LL standard .

Miller - we will see next season .

Stevenson - good player but gets played all over the place , another player that looks pissed off .

Flynn - not LL standard .

There you go 

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
17 hours ago, TxRover said:
Do you have any idea on Mitchell’s injury status?

No. Hopefully Jamboness or someone else in the know will post an update.

Mitchell had an injury to the hip and Raith Rovers physio rightly said he required rest, to recover.  Would love to see him return for cup semi-final but I sincerely doubt it.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Mitchell had an injury to the hip and Raith Rovers physio rightly said he required rest, to recover.  Would love to see him return for cup semi-final but I sincerely doubt it.

Cheers, thanks for that update. Glad he helped you lot a bit and would love to see him play a bit more!

Boheesian, it was a great all round BU performance. Murphy had a few good saves, Locke and Skinner in central defence dealt with whatever the giant Star striker tried. They had Gemmell and Johnstone in central midfield who played the ugly stuff really well. Great strength up the flanks where the fullbacks Devon and Keir had Ryan and Jamie playing like wingbacks in front of them. Up top Nicol and Walker were causing the big Star defenders problems all game. Some brilliant passages of play and a real team performance.

Possibly the best we have played all season.

No failures today. All great so I am not able to pick a MOTM.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Boheesian, it was a great all round BU performance. Murphy had a few good saves, Locke and Skinner in central defence dealt with whatever the giant Star striker tried. They had Gemmell and Johnstone in central midfield who played the ugly stuff really well. Great strength up the flanks where the fullbacks Devon and Keir had Ryan and Jamie playing like wingbacks in front of them. Up top Nicol and Walker were causing the big Star defenders problems all game. Some brilliant passages of play and a real team performance.

The last 3 games we’ve have been down to the bare bones but the players have all worked their butts off and have got the job done. Only wish the supporters who only “sing when we’re winning” showed the same commitment.

All away from home as well.

Edited by boheesian

Good report from Dave. Dalbeattie looked as if they might cause some problems early on but our midfield bossed the game from then on, which forced Star into playing long balls.
We got a bit slack in the last few minutes and it cost us a goal, but as Dave said, a real team performance all round.

10 hours ago, dolly said:

Good report from Dave. Dalbeattie looked as if they might cause some problems early on but our midfield bossed the game from then on, which forced Star into playing long balls.
We got a bit slack in the last few minutes and it cost us a goal, but as Dave said, a real team performance all round.

Thought it was an enjoyable game at Dalbeattie  yesterday. Dalbeattie due to various reasons struggling for a team and took going 2 down to get into gear, thought in the last 20 mins had enough chances to get a draw.  Your keeper must have been in the running for your MOTM, some decent saves near the end.  Seems  at the moment every team that comes to Dalbeattie is well up for it.

It was nice to see an opposition come to Dalbeattie and actually bring a support. Well done, best of luck next season.