Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

12 hours ago, boheesian said:

8 games played in March, 4 played and 3 still to play in April. If you take away the Sundays in the 2 months that’ll be 15 games in 53 days no surprise we are struggling.

i think we all know Max has a serious rebuild for next season. 

Did we not play 4 games a week at this time of season in the juniors ?

How many excuses are we going to use for this season .

We’ve had transition season , small squad , injuries , suspensions , 4G , referee , to name a few and now 15 games in 53 days .

We’ve had our manager starting off with a small squad if you don’t count the Camelon guys . Signing players from teams below you in league when moving up hasn’t worked . Ten players offloaded within the first 2 months of season , 7 or 8 loan guys to try to make it up , falling out with players , allowing suspended players to sit on bench only to receive further red cards . Losing to a club that haven’t won otherwise in going on now for 3 years . Ruling over the worst home season I can remember .

What does it take to be sacked at BU ? 
No other manager has got away with so much .

I’m sure there would be plenty interested .

Anyway , the view outside of Pie and Bovril re management is a bit different hence the fall off in gates .

If BU are looking here for the general views of fans then they may be well mistaken .

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Surprised that Max still seems to have a lot of backing. Clearly a lot of injuries but with squad quality available I'd have thought the BU would have been much better.

On the whole I guess he's done a good job, won a trophy or two, got promoted during covid season.

Seems a divisive character though as saw by his time at Bonnyrigg, Tranent and even Broxburn.

Led to believe he puts money into the club so that will buy him a lot of support.

Plenty of time for him to rebuild as it takes a miracle to get relegated from the Lowland League.

1 hour ago, Marooneye said:

On the whole I guess he's done a good job, won a trophy or two, got promoted during covid season.

Seems a divisive character though as saw by his time at Bonnyrigg, Tranent and even Broxburn.

Led to believe he puts money into the club so that will buy him a lot of support.

Plenty of time for him to rebuild as it takes a miracle to get relegated from the Lowland League.

Well if he does put money into club that explains it all .

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's times like this that having a U-20 team would really help.

Could’ve had one if the guy who wanted to invest in great things for football in Bo’ness had got on board with an established community club set-up as opposed to… well you know.

4 hours ago, Marooneye said:

Literally the only reason you’re posting to say this eh?

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Could’ve had one if the guy who wanted to invest in great things for football in Bo’ness had got on board with an established community club set-up as opposed to… well you know.

So max doesn't put towards any boness players wages ?

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I know you don’t like hearing what the rumour mill says but I heard an offer was made to BU last season to bring it all together and rejected without it even being asked of BU members.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

25 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

I know you don’t like hearing what the rumour mill says but I heard an offer was made to BU last season to bring it all together and rejected without it even being even asked of BU members.

The rumour mill also said that the team would be managed jointly and could you see that working? Maybe that’s why it was rejected. 

Only rumours of course.

Edited by boheesian

53 minutes ago, boheesian said:

It was an amalgamation of both clubs, but only a rumour.

Take their first name and our second name and you have............ 

There was also a rumour they were only interested in filling the gap in the Junior league when the BUs moved on and nothing more. 

19 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

I know you don’t like hearing what the rumour mill says but I heard an offer was made to BU last season to bring it all together and rejected without it even being asked of BU members.

Ok. So what exactly was the proposal you “heard”? And be very specific so there’s no whataboutery or rumour.

Edited by 8MileBU