Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

We need a BU win today at Spartans and we need Civil Service Strollers NOT to win if we are to qualify out our League Cup league.

Edinburgh Uni 2-1 up according to the Lowland League website.

Edit: now appears to be the confirmed result.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Gemmell was good today but my MOTM was 40 year old Stuart Hunter.

Hard to disagree with Dave but we had a few candidates for MOTM.
Hunter didn’t lose a header all game and belied his “advancing years”
Gemmell never stopped running and did the dirty work.
Galbraith had one of his best games of the season. Great goal.
Mitchell powerful runs and fast with it

No failures at all today, good team performance

25 minutes ago, karate kid said:

Locke playing another position 

Very important member of the squad. Does the job he’s asked to do and that long range pass to Galbraith - who executed it to perfection - was the icing on the cake. Damned fine performance by one and all I would say. 
Max deserves a bit of credit for readjusting the style of play.

Max the manager given a red card in the first 5 minutes.

Looked like a throw in was awarded to Spartans near the BU dugout, some wrestling with the ball, loads of paper was chucked about, testosterone abounded, dummies were spat and the ref flashed yellow and red cards.

Thankfully things settled down after that and the game proceeded in a sporting competitive manner.

4 pacy players in Mitchell, Walker, Nicol & Stevenson gave their back four a hard time. That has been a problem for us over a large part of the season when facing teams with pace up front whereas our build up has been slow and deliberate. 

Hopefully Max will factor that into his rebuild for next season.

Edited by boheesian

I see Bonnyrigg & Gretna are asking fans for their opinions on the OF retaining their current position. Perhaps United -who voted against their introduction - should give our fans the same opportunity.

Me, I don’t want them anywhere near the lowland league. 
Please show me the benefits.

Agree that they shouldn’t be in , they can easily influence who wins the league by what team they put out on any particular day .

Players going from B squad to first team then back again isn’t on either and changing their derby to suit Covid rules should never have been allowed .

If clubs bottle again which I’m sure is pretty likely they should be made to play all games away . At least clubs would benefit a little financially .

Clubs having to go to Airdrie or Dumbarton is a nonsense for me .

Hopefully the clubs can see past the B clubs .

I am against the Old Firm having teams in the LL next season. They should start at the bottom of the West pyramid AND there should be a restriction on the players they use so there's a consistency on field. Integrity goes out the window when they field different teams week to week.

If they are allowed to stay next season then they should play Away every game (excluding the OF game obviously !!).

....and the LL should be receiving a lot more cash. NO PAY, NO PLAY.