Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Thought boness gave a good account of themselves in the first half maybe unlucky to go in at half time one down.

Like a lot of games I've seen ek play, we always seem to have a better second half. I thought our goals were fantastic.

A brave effort today and great support considering we are not the Bo’ness of old. Disappointed with the pie situation as they probably weren’t expecting as much of a Crowd. As already mentioned we are a bit light weight compared to EK . A big overhaul is needed for next season. Heard rumours Murphy is away end of season which only makes our recruiting even harder 

No complaints about the result best team won some very good finishes but I’d like to thank the boys for rolling up the sleeves and giving there all today and wish the lads that are leaving all the best might agree where they are going but that’s football 

6 minutes ago, Bu bri said:

A brave effort today and great support considering we are not the Bo’ness of old. Disappointed with the pie situation as they probably weren’t expecting as much of a Crowd. As already mentioned we are a bit light weight compared to EK . A big overhaul is needed for next season. Heard rumours Murphy is away end of season which only makes our recruiting even harder 

Away to Armadale the lad could play in league 1 if he wanted 

45 minutes ago, Bu bri said:

Adamson would be a good replacement if available.

How come teams with no support no history or anything can get sponsorship and we can’t. Disappointing as I feel we’re a more attractive proposition than some other clubs above us. Or maybe I’m just delusional and thinking about bye gone day’s from years ago 

24 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Maybe an Armadale sponsor on the scene with a long term investment.

Barring a miracle they are still going to be in tier 9 next season though so that seems like a big step backwards. Given all the teams involved in that division are likely to be from in or around West Lothian and Edinburgh maybe it's simply easier on him from a time commitment standpoint, assuming of course that this info is legit.

Andy Murphy has been superb 99% of the time. Couple of daft moments but that goes with the territory.

Talking of goalies the BU's really rode their luck this season playing every game without a sub keeper on the bench. We got away with it this season but let's not do it again.

41 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Andy Murphy has been superb 99% of the time. Couple of daft moments but that goes with the territory.

Talking of goalies the BU's really rode their luck this season playing every game without a sub keeper on the bench. We got away with it this season but let's not do it again.

Correct , I can’t find any other team who has done that and not managed any subs on so many occasions .

We are tier 5 of Scottish football .. time to act accordingly .

Correct , I can’t find any other team who has done that and not managed any subs on so many occasions .
We are tier 5 of Scottish football .. time to act accordingly .

Thought we matched EK for long spells of the game but our front three, young but talented, couldn’t impose themselves on the EK back four and if we’re honest got bullied. A recurring theme all season.
With regard to losing Murphy, a lot of rumour about, but has anyone asked him why he doesn’t want to play for Bu’s any more.
From memory he was unhappy when the manager dropped him while he had the lone keeper earlier in the season. He’ll be a big miss.

4 hours ago, Bu bri said:

How come teams with no support no history or anything can get sponsorship and we can’t. Disappointing as I feel we’re a more attractive proposition than some other clubs above us. Or maybe I’m just delusional and thinking about bye gone day’s from years ago 

A wish the fans that turned up today would come most weeks 

6 hours ago, seenitall said:

Great keeper but can’t understand his lack of ambition , home town or not .

Home town, maybe suits his work commitments, better money, friends there?

In all honesty I think Bo’ness are lucky to have hung on to Andy Murphy for as long as we have. One of the best goalkeepers around in the lower leagues and you can probably look a couple of levels above in saying that. Some of the Andy’s saves have as good as won or kept us in many a game over the last few years. If he goes he owes us absolutely nothing and can leave with his head held high.

5 hours ago, boheesian said:

Adamson would be a good replacement if available.

Would take Adamson in a flash if he’s available. Good goalie and has never let us down when we’ve had him. Can’t see it happening though. Think he’ll be on better money and Annan will want to keep him.

5 hours ago, boheesian said:

Maybe an Armadale sponsor on the scene with a long term investment.

Apparently so. With a good sponsor on board and still being young, Andy maybe sees Armadale as a better opportunity in the long term if rumours are true and that’s where he is headed. Or maybe his Dad has talked him into the move because he absolutely loves the stovies they serve at the Volly.

5 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Maybe delusion, thinking about bye-gone days and not enough forward thinking is what holds us back and puts potential sponsors off? Wasn’t all that long ago it looked like some would have us staying in the deid-end Joonyurz before the actions of other clubs forced us to see sense at the last minute.

Edited by 8MileBU

9 hours ago, karate kid said:

Doesn't get enough credit 👍

Without trawling through this topic from memory I have not seen any posts critical of Nicky Locke. Had a few injuries but IMO has been a very good player when available. Hope he resigns.