Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Great team effort today shire we’re on top and deserved there could’ve added to it but Murphy was equal to it the stand side linesman was like a 12 th man for the shire 3 times there boy was offside and he kept his flag down but 2nd half Locke scored a belter and the 2nd goal was a good run and finish Jamie red card was for the team but to turn up with 11 players and to put that effort in take a bow Boness 

Great effort today.

Andy kept us in it first half but second half we as a team were outstanding. 

Real effort and heart from the team.

Jamie had a great game and took one for the team at the end.

Brilliant to see the reaction from players and fans at the end.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

........we got the game of 2 halves that I hoped for. What a second half performance. Superb. The quick BU attackers managed to turn the Shire defence who looked solid first half and worried the second.

Only negative was the injury time red card for Jamie. Took one for the team.

And an utterly pathetic red card from the abysmal referee given Jamie wasn’t the last man and only pulled the Shire players arm; whilst mere minutes later a Shire defender scythes Walker in two on the touchline, making no attempt to play the ball and only received a yellow. 

Anyone know where and when the final is?

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I was a tad over excited at the end and started the EASY, EASY chant. Being a niggly derby game I thought it appropriate to noise up the neighbours before heading back to the Costa del Bo'ness.

Dave you have just made my night in Toronto even better. In fact the pint in my hand just now is tasting even better. 

18 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Dave you have just made my night in Toronto even better. In fact the pint in my hand just now is tasting even better. 

Well that puts my post match pint(s) at the Carron Works in the shade somewhat...

We're going to be big underdogs in the final, but reflecting on the tournament so far it's been some achievement to get to the final - a combination of geography and luck of the draw meaning we had to play away at both the third and fifth finishers in the LL in the groups, followed by an away quarter final, then away to the fourth placed team in the semi. (Places quoted excluding the ineligible guest clubs.) And all almost entirely without subs. 

However it ends, definitely something to be proud of in a difficult season. 

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Well that puts my post match pint(s) at the Carron Works in the shade somewhat...

We're going to be big underdogs in the final, but reflecting on the tournament so far it's been some achievement to get to the final - a combination of geography and luck of the draw meaning we had to play away at both the third and fifth finishers in the LL in the groups, followed by an away quarter final, then away to the fourth placed team in the semi. (Places quoted excluding the ineligible guest clubs.) And all almost entirely without subs. 

However it ends, definitely something to be proud of in a difficult season. 

Pints are never in the shade when you’re celebrating. Will miss the Final as well. EK must be favourites but we have dug deep in the last few matches and who knows. C’Mon the Bu’s.

Fuzzy,
Skinner to the Rose was first heard as a rumour several weeks ago. Recently some well placed folk say he will likely be leaving the BU for the Rose. Wants to play with his ex-Camelon mates apparently.

Not the biggest or fastest centrehalf but he is tidy on the ball, solid tackler, a very good passer and has excellent positional sense i.e. he has an uncanny knack of being on the right place at the right time.

Fuzzy,
Skinner to the Rose was first heard as a rumour several weeks ago. Recently some well placed folk say he will likely be leaving the BU for the Rose. Wants to play with his ex-Camelon mates apparently.

Not the biggest or fastest centrehalf but he is tidy on the ball, solid tackler, a very good passer and has excellent positional sense i.e. he has an uncanny knack of being on the right place at the right time.

p
If the rumour about Skinner is true and that (another rumour) Andy Murphy is also leaving, that’s not good news. Assuming the loan players return to their clubs and we have a serious rebuild, we need all the experience we can get to help any new players settle in, especially when this seasons rebuild went so wrong and experienced BU stalwarts were allowed to leave too early. Seems no lessons have been learned

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fuzzy,

Loves a red card but you’ll be glad none of them for homosexual shouts like your Rose defender that got 6 games 😂

Chat about who is leaving should maybe be left for after the cup final? There will be plenty of weeks coming with no competitive games for that sort of thing to be the main talking point. Hopefully this season ends on a high note as the perception that things are heading in the right direction again might help on recruiting.

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

Loves a red card but you’ll be glad none of them for homosexual shouts like your Rose defender that got 6 games 😂

And got brought on for his first appearance since then yesterday and scored an og 10 seconds later ! Dreadful player.

I said to Jamboness at the CSS away  league game that reckon  we would win the league Cup,he says,after laughing, how?

As a junior club,we never won the league Cup,our 1st season in the EOS,we win the league Cup,now our 1st crack at the Lowland League Cup here we are in the final

Edited by boness4ever

Chat about who is leaving should maybe be left for after the cup final? There will be plenty of weeks coming with no competitive games for that sort of thing to be the main talking point. Hopefully this season ends on a high note as the perception that things are heading in the right direction again might help on recruiting.
No chance. Fitbaw fans will always chat about who is coming, who is leaving and how the team needs to improve. Its always been part of the beautiful game. We know 90% of the rumours and speculation will probably not happen but at the end if the day it's a chance for some good banter with fellow fans.

Looked down and out after 1st half yesterday. Thanks to Andy we went into 2nd half still in the game 

Great credit to the 11 players for digging deep and getting the result.

2 smashing goals worthy of winning any game.

I for one like to know who is coming and going before the end of the season. Looking at other teams they have already started recruiting and are a step ahead. Let's see what develops soon eh?!?!

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Will never understand players “in their prime” wanting to drop down a level if the Skinner rumour is true. Just sums up how fucked money has made football.

This is extremely unfair and warrants an apology. The manager has not offered Skinner a deal and decided he wants to bring in other players