Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

6 hours ago, seenitall said:

See the Rose stuffed UoS last night , something we haven’t managed to do yet .

Also 3 of the Camelon 6 in the team .

What went so wrong with them at Bo’ness ?

Can you remind me who were the Camelon lads that came to the Rose via Bo'ness? 

10 hours ago, seenitall said:

See the Rose stuffed UoS last night , something we haven’t managed to do yet .

Also 3 of the Camelon 6 in the team .

What went so wrong with them at Bo’ness ?

My own view is that it was a combination of a hasty knee jerk reaction to some poor results and BU not persevering with them. Now we’re at the tail end of season, looking back it’s been a complete shit-show and there is no doubt in my mind that we’d be in a better position now had we hung onto the lads that arrived from Camelon.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

My own view is that it was a combination of a hasty knee jerk reaction to some poor results and BU not persevering with them. Now we’re at the tail end of season, looking back it’s been a complete shit-show and there is no doubt in my mind that we’d be in a better position now had we hung onto the lads that arrived from Camelon.

3 good players, all of them keen to put a shift in with Sneddon's goal return being impressive. From the BU games I have seen this year, I think all of them would have improved your team.

5 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

3 good players, all of them keen to put a shift in with Sneddon's goal return being impressive. From the BU games I have seen this year, I think all of them would have improved your team.

Agreed. Every single one of the ex-Camelon players would’ve improved Bo’ness whether it be in the starting 11 or just by keeping others on their toes and performing to keep their place or by lending some weight to the squad. It’s to be expected to have players out injured but this season I think BU may have had one or two players just needing to put their big-boy pants on.

The worst part though is that in the time since the ex-Camelon players came and went we’ve had;

*A player getting a lengthy suspension/suspensions through sheer stupidity.
*Players going AWOL. (One of whom has since rocked up elsewhere)
*Had to sign loan players (albeit Nicol, Mitchell and Walker would walk into almost every LL team).
*Had to name a coach as the only sub or one of only two subs several times.
*Had to ask a 40-something to come out of retirement just to field a team last week. 

It’s been an utter shit-show and a shambles of a season but there’s no disguising the fact that a significant portion of it has more or less been self inflicted.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed. Every single one of the ex-Camelon players would’ve improved Bo’ness whether it be in the starting 11 or just by keeping others on their toes and performing to keep their place or by lending some weight to the squad. It’s to be expected to have players out injured but this season I think BU may have had one or two players just needing to put their big-boy pants on.

The worst part though is that in the time since the ex-Camelon players came and went we’ve had;

*A player getting a lengthy suspension/suspensions through sheer stupidity.
*Players going AWOL. (One of whom has since rocked up elsewhere)
*Had to sign loan players (albeit Nicol, Mitchell and Walker would walk into almost every LL team).
*Had to name a coach as the only sub or one of only two subs several times.
*Had to ask a 40-something to come out of retirement just to field a team last week. 

It’s been an utter shit-show and a shambles of a season but there’s no disguising the fact that a significant portion of it has more or less been self inflicted.

Where have you got Greg Nicol on loan from 8mile? Saw him the last time I was down at Newtown Park and thought he bossed the game. It was against Petershill though who I think had their U20s playing. 

11 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Where have you got Greg Nicol on loan from 8mile? Saw him the last time I was down at Newtown Park and thought he bossed the game. It was against Petershill though who I think had their U20s playing. 

Nicol on loan from Queens Park. Has proved himself against better opponents than them.

Apparently not but would have been an asset considering what happened to Zander.
I thought Sneddon was a good striker based on his brief time on the pitch as a BU trialist. My understanding was that Max wanted him for the BU bench as a third choice striker and made it clear to the player on that point. Sneds went to the Rose to get more game time which is understandable.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
12 hours ago, boheesian said:
Apparently not but would have been an asset considering what happened to Zander.

I thought Sneddon was a good striker based on his brief time on the pitch as a BU trialist. My understanding was that Max wanted him for the BU bench as a third choice striker and made it clear to the player on that point. Sneds went to the Rose to get more game time which is understandable.

I’m led to believe the majority of the Camelon lads were told this. Not sure it’s the sort of talk that would motivate any player, but I would hazard a guess that they came to Bo’ness as they were keen to find a new club ASAP having all left Camelon quite abruptly.