Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Brilliant team effort ..worked hard for each other ..no failures tonight

Always going to be up against it with an inexperienced team and no subs, but they all worked their butts off and came away with a point.
Any reason why McCormack, Skinner, Galbraith, Locke, Stevenson, Grant were ALL missing?
A team of BU status should not be playing without subs.

11 hours ago, dolly said:

Always going to be up against it with an inexperienced team and no subs, but they all worked their butts off and came away with a point.
Any reason why McCormack, Skinner, Galbraith, Locke, Stevenson, Grant were ALL missing?
A team of BU status should not be playing without subs.

The team sheet posted shows Skinner, Locke & Munn listed. Maybe just for administrative purposes.

I  heard work commitments, injuries, etc. etc. 

Edited by boheesian

Why don’t BU inform supporters better . Want the money but never tell us about injuries , why players are left out etc .

It is after all a small amount of people that are interested .

Rumours have been going around for a while that things are not so good within club regarding players ,  is this the case ? That I may say from reliable sources .

Did the BU vote against B teams ? More rumours circulating about that one too .

40 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Why don’t BU inform supporters better . Want the money but never tell us about injuries , why players are left out etc .

Rumours have been going around for a while that things are not so good within club regarding players ,  is this the case ? That I may say from reliable sources .

We have a small squad of players, sometimes work shifts dictate late changes in availability.  Injuries are usually only 100% confirmed when players arrive for a match.  Do you want the club to go all out on media platforms advising what the team is hours or days before a game?

I always love the phrase "reliable sources".  So reliable that they can't be mentioned, or more likely, shouldn't be mentioned as their info must be coming from someone with an ego, looking for attention.  Your stated 'rumour' is, pardon the expression, bollocks!

Yes, we did vote against guest teams, not just OF.  We had also voted to increase promotion/relegation but lost on that one too.

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

We have a small squad of players, sometimes work shifts dictate late changes in availability.  Injuries are usually only 100% confirmed when players arrive for a match.  Do you want the club to go all out on media platforms advising what the team is hours or days before a game?

I always love the phrase "reliable sources".  So reliable that they can't be mentioned, or more likely, shouldn't be mentioned as their info must be coming from someone with an ego, looking for attention.  Your stated 'rumour' is, pardon the expression, bollocks!

Yes, we did vote against guest teams, not just OF.  We had also voted to increase promotion/relegation but lost on that one too.

Thanks Jambo. Should change his name to Hearditall

You’re correct about availability but this season has seen the same players turn up week in and week out while others don’t week in and week out. This is fact.
No BU team should be playing without any subs.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Well it worked in getting the information which hasn’t been forthcoming from the club so far .

23 hours ago, blue 8 said:

A lot of the players don't have the fight in them some take the pay and let the rest play all the games well done to the team tonight showed a bit of spirit well done

Have refrained from saying so on here but my thoughts exactly. Well said.

11 hours ago, seenitall said:

Lot of pish.

6 hours ago, dolly said:

You’re correct about availability but this season has seen the same players turn up week in and week out while others don’t week in and week out. This is fact.
No BU team should be playing without any subs.

Spot on. Some I think pick their games.

So on the one hand we've got posters saying that the rumour that things are not so good with the club regarding players are 'bollocks' and a 'lot of pish'.

And then in the same breath, saying that some are taking money under false pretences by continually being unavailable for whatever reason and others picking and choosing their games?

Huge contradiction there.

When ES number 8 got second yellow I thought it was a very soft second booking, it’s not until watching the highlights that you see he actually puts his foot into walkers chest when Walker is on the deck, so we’ll spotted the ref!

So on the one hand we've got posters saying that the rumour that things are not so good with the club regarding players are 'bollocks' and a 'lot of pish'.
And then in the same breath, saying that some are taking money under false pretences by continually being unavailable for whatever reason and others picking and choosing their games?
Huge contradiction there.
This.
And committee man using hyperbole to justify lack of updates on reasons for absence. Of course it doesn't need to be all media sources, but there are ones that the core of fans use that could be utilised, like Facebook, Twitter and Pie and Bovril.

Fixtures:-
9/4 BU v East Kilbride (possibly our last home game)
12/4 (Tues) CS Strollers v BU
16/4 Spartans v BU
23/4 Q-Final SLFLeague Cup (still to be drawn)
30/4 Dalbeattie Star v BU
4/5 (Wed) Gala Fairydean v BU

If we win the League Cup Q-Final other dates are :-
7/5 semi final
15/5 (Sunday) Final.

11 hours ago, Legless said:

When ES number 8 got second yellow I thought it was a very soft second booking, it’s not until watching the highlights that you see he actually puts his foot into walkers chest when Walker is on the deck, so we’ll spotted the ref!

Spotted it from up in the stand, seen Walker’s reaction lying on the ground. BU should’ve  taken advantage of ES going down to 10 men. Shame they went down to 9 men with little time left to make the two man advantage count.

Was a bit baffled by the lack of tactical changes on Wednesday night. I thought Max should’ve put Walker out to the wing in the second half, pulled Kyle Wilson into centre forward and dropped Flynn back into 10 position behind Wilson.

Let’s hope Nicol, Walker & Mitchell are on the team sheet today as they showed against The Spartans that their pace will create problems for many teams.

It looks like a good day weather wise so a win - in the last home league fixture - would make it better.

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Spotted it from up in the stand, seen Walker’s reaction lying on the ground. BU should’ve  taken advantage of ES going down to 10 men. Shame they went down to 9 men with little time left to make the two man advantage count.

Was a bit baffled by the lack of tactical changes on Wednesday night. I thought Max should’ve put Walker out to the wing in the second half, pulled Kyle Wilson into centre forward and dropped Flynn back into 10 position behind Wilson.

I didn’t notice it at the time.

BU never took any advantage from the sending off, in fact it was quite the opposite and ES looked more likely to score!