Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am against the Old Firm having teams in the LL next season. They should start at the bottom of the West pyramid AND there should be a restriction on the players they use so there's a consistency on field. Integrity goes out the window when they field different teams week to week.

If they are allowed to stay next season then they should play Away every game (excluding the OF game obviously !!).

....and the LL should be receiving a lot more cash. NO PAY, NO PLAY.

It’s not about cash it’s integrity that’s at stake here. Both our clubs made the correct decision last summer and will make the same and correct decision this time round.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

No disgrace getting beat by the University team. Some very good players, well set up in defence and a proper team. No complaints from me......the best team won.

I disagree with that, but with all due respect to the Uni. 

BU have far better players that are capable of playing far better football than the Uni, and despite just the one goal lead at the break I thought BU were comfortably the better side and should have probably been 3 or 4 up. However a completely different BU emerged for the second half and only Devon Jacobs looked like he wanted to get something out of the match.

Edited by 8MileBU

I disagree with that, but with all due respect to the Uni. 
BU have far better players that are capable of playing far better football than the Uni, and despite just the one goal lead at the break I thought BU were comfortably the better side and should have probably been 3 or 4 up. However a completely different BU emerged for the second half and only Devon Jacobs looked like he wanted to get something out of the match.

I agree, we should/ could have been at least 3 up at h/t but we never got going again after the fluky equaliser early in the 2nd half and they were the better team from that point on. We gave away some cheap goals at one end and missed a lot of chances at the other

Game was crying out for someone to hold the ball up from the front to allow players to play off them and also slow the game down. Unsure why Matty never got on as he's ideal for that.

1st half should have put Bo'ness out of site, went toe to toe with a young strong and fit team and struggled to match that for the full game.

Game management was poor and discipline questionable.

Some real good individuals in the squad but lack direction.

Should have been capable of winning that game to progress to a semi final and give the fans something to look forward to.

5 hours ago, karate kid said:

Game was crying out for someone to hold the ball up from the front to allow players to play off them and also slow the game down. Unsure why Matty never got on as he's ideal for that.

1st half should have put Bo'ness out of site, went toe to toe with a young strong and fit team and struggled to match that for the full game.

Game management was poor and discipline questionable.

Some real good individuals in the squad but lack direction.

Should have been capable of winning that game to progress to a semi final and give the fans something to look forward to.

You’re right second half we got caught up trying to play in a speed game and there was only going to be one winner. Too many missed chances in the first half and not difficult ones either. 

Edited by boheesian

So, on the speedster note, how is Mitchell being used in most matches? It certainly seems he’s getting plenty of playing time, and slotting a few home, so it’s very encouraging to see a young player make good on a chance like this.