Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Ended 2-4 to the University. Looked to be shaping up as a good game ..,...then Jamie McCormack saw the red mist followed by a red card. Gemmell and Locke as centrehalfs protected by Stevenson and Flynn. Attendance really poor (120ish).

Had the University finished better it could have been 6 or 7. No BU subs came on. Few shouts about the linesman but I thought the officials had a good game.

One positive was the return of Left Back Kieran McCauley.....,..and he for no other reason gets my MOTM.

Saying crowd was 120 is generous. And at least 20 of those were boys staying on from training earlier.
In 50 years I've not seen as disorganised a side as we were tonight. Players were out of position, sure, but they need to k ow what they are supposed to do in the positions they are selected in. Awful.

We have totally lost it on and off the park . There will soon only be a handful of us supporters left .

Regarding Jamie , good player but total liability , he’s must have missed as many games as he’s played through suspensions.

I don’t envy the committees job , but they must look for another manager .

This is not working guys , most of us and I include the many supporters staying away no longer trust in Max I’m afraid .

We need to win people back .

By the way I can’t remember a season when we’ve had so many defeats at home conceding so many goals .

53 minutes ago, seenitall said:

We have totally lost it on and off the park . There will soon only be a handful of us supporters left .

Regarding Jamie , good player but total liability , he’s must have missed as many games as he’s played through suspensions.

This is not working guys , most of us and I include the many supporters staying away no longer trust in Max I’m afraid .

By the way I can’t remember a season when we’ve had so many defeats at home conceding so many goals .

If BU weren’t so short of players who can be relied upon to be fit enough to put their boots on I’d be saying get rid of Jamie McCormack immediately. 

I appreciate some players have work commitments but having to name Blair Munn as a sub is a total joke. 

In recent seasons Max had a BU side who even when they didn’t play well, were alway difficult to beat and never gave up. A shadow of that now.

Pains me to admit I’m glad I was unable to make the game tonight. 

Edited by 8MileBU

7 hours ago, seenitall said:

Staying away supporters are joke we are playing in a very hard league with an injury list that would destroy any team in the country , Finishing mid table is good effort with full squad  

4 hours ago, Arnie said:

Staying away supporters are joke we are playing in a very hard league with an injury list that would destroy any team in the country , Finishing mid table is good effort with full squad  

Stay away supporters are a massive concern and no joke , but if the product is no good then this is what happens .

BU will struggle to survive if pitiful crowds like last night continue for a long period .

Will be interesting to see what BA crowd is tonight .

I do understand there has been a lot of injuries lately but that’s certainly not been the case every game .

The league stats say it all .

I enjoy watching Fitbaw and although I often watch through blue tinted spectacles I do appreciate the skills, effort and organisation of the opposition but the run of league results has been horrific and would test the tolerance of any fan . Since beating a Rangers B team we have had 1 league win v Cumbernauld Colts and our run is :-
LLLWDDLLDDLL

There's been some bad luck but IMO these things balance themselves out over a few seasons. I for one will keep on believing that things can only get better.....

3 hours ago, seenitall said:

Stay away supporters are a massive concern and no joke , but if the product is no good then this is what happens .

BU will struggle to survive if pitiful crowds like last night continue for a long period .

Will be interesting to see what BA crowd is tonight .

I do understand there has been a lot of injuries lately but that’s certainly not been the case every game .

The league stats say it all .

Who cares about Boness athletic an Linlithgow amateur team that got in the back door to EoS 

When I saw the line up with no real bench I feared the worst.

Started well but fell out of the game and eventually they scored twice.

To be fair the second goal was cracker.

Any chance of comeback gone when Jamie lost the rag .

Great player but no use sitting in the stand.

Thought 3rd goal offside but they could have scored more.

The 10 players left battled hard and kept fighting. 

Been a season where a mixture of signings not performing,injuries and general inconsistent results. 

Also a bit of transition with donnelly Snowden and Campbell no longer there.

Don't think changing management would help.

Maxs record over the piece has been good with league cup, league and decent 1st season in lowland league against this season which has not been good.

In lowland league you get punished more for mistakes with teams a bit quicker and you need to be at it in every game.

I don't think we have played the same line up very often in games with injuries covid etc.

Have lost grant,Miller and locke to longer term injuries which hasn't helped and a factor in why our attack is weak. 

Hope we can get the best out of the rest of season get players in with  bit of experience and dig and preferably keep loan players to a minimum for start of preseason so we can get off to a good start next season. 

Hopefully we can get a stronger line up out on Saturday and get the win.