Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

42 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Calling all P & B mods.....

The BU faithful abide by the mantra "In Max we Trust........where's this rebuild and new manager suggestion coming from ???

Possibility that Johnny Harvey has hacked Boheesians account.

Just throwing a curved ball into the mix.  
Someone mentioned yesterday possibly reminiscent of the Sandison & Martin era.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I was through for the Strollers game..... Crowd numbers and the absence of a "Mr Big" are mute points. Fight and commitment at this level are more important.

Think that can still go a long way in LL terms and that's something Max Christie instilled in abundance in the team that won promotion. The people closest to what's happening will know whether he's likely to be able to build something like that again. Swap Cowdenbeath for Bonnyrigg and have the EoS club win the playoff and next season's title race could be wide open.

Still scope for a derby game if Stirling Uni can be dispatched and for further progress in the SCC against Petershill, who apparently are prioritising promotion and the SJC and fielded a lot of U-20 players against Cumbernauld in the last round. Beating Beith was no small accomplishment and means there may still be some life left to this season.

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Blue and White Army says the BU need to "put the money where the mouth is".

With declining attendance levels and inflation costs it's time for a reality check. There's no Mr Big in the background waiting to pump money into the squad for next season for a title challenge. Just now we are a very long way behind Bonnyrigg never mind mega rich Kelty.

Bottom half of the Lowland League but safe from relegation for 2 or 3 seasons is our level. Sad but true.

I don’t believe that there is a “Mr Big” at most Lowland League teams , so why are we so far behind the bulk of them ?

Its all down to poor signings and playing players out of position and falling out with players doesn’t help either .

Only one person to blame for all that .

BU will have to make up their minds what they want because crowds are dwindling away because of this .

A lot of supporters don’t come on here but everyday I hear dissatisfaction from people just staying away .

People that have supported BU for many years .

This is reality , but it’s only football , much more things in the world to worry about .

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Let's give some credit to the Braves who played well and deserved their victory.

The BU players available put in a shift but collectively the team has weaknesses and good teams will work them out and punish you.

Taking nothing away from Braves, who played well and deserved their win… But losing to them sums up BU this season - Dropping points to sides we should be beating and we’ve also made several sides look far better than they are. I find it close to unbelievable how lightweight and soft we are injury-wise. Too often I find myself wondering how much some of the guys actually want to play for the team and think some pick and choose their games.

Stood by Max for a long time and been against some of the stuff said about him but I fear he has taken us as far as he can, that said who's to come in and do a better job?

It also doesn't help that there is a Mr Big in Bo'ness but he made the choice to create his own ego fed team and has helped make the job of recruitment if players and sponsors that much harder.

11 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Stood by Max for a long time and been against some of the stuff said about him but I fear he has taken us as far as he can, that said who's to come in and do a better job?

It also doesn't help that there is a Mr Big in Bo'ness but he made the choice to create his own ego fed team and has helped make the job of recruitment if players and sponsors that much harder.

100% this.

4 hours ago, dolly said:

What’s the chances of getting Donnelly, Keast and Campbell back till the end of the season. Could only be an improvement!

If going take your boots. No Smith and Johnston after nasty injuries on Saturday plus Grant, McCormack & Hawkins possible big doubts. Dressing room like an A & E.