Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, dolly said:

Dave, I could go with your idea with McCauley in the back four but as you say there is no consistent line up. My concern is at the other end of the park and the total lack of quality needed for this league. The attacking midfielders, while having skill just don’t score or create enough goals meanwhile the forwards carry absolute no threat to opposing defences and are just not good enough for this league.

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

23 hours ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

the cutting edge seems to have gone with Zander Millers injury from the few games I have managed to take in this season. As someone said before not going to win league or get relegated so this season could end up coming to an end a bit of a lull.

Fair enough Zander is a big miss but one player doesn’t make a team. With the exception of Gemmell and Jacobs we miss the experience that Snowdon(ret), Campbell(ret), Hunter (asst. Man) Donnelly(now at armadale) these guys  led  by example. It’s like a library on the pitch now because there are not enough leaders.

Regarding Saturdays debacle, EU had a trialist keeper - who didn’t look to confident- why didn’t we shoot more often rather than play tippy tappy non productive football.

"there are not enough leaders"......... I would say in the BU squad we have a couple of leaders but on Saturday 3 of the 4 were not on the pitch.
Jamie McCormack was missing.
Hunter (assistant manager) on bench but unlikely to play these days.
Carstairs on bench but didn't get on.

The 4th is Gemmell who was on the pitch but doesn't look right. I heard that he is struggling with his breathing after a bout of COVID. Surprised he is playing but a warrior like Michael doesn't give in to adversity.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

"there are not enough leaders"......... I would say in the BU squad we have a couple of leaders but on Saturday 3 of the 4 were not on the pitch.
Jamie McCormack was missing.
Hunter (assistant manager) on bench but unlikely to play these days.
Carstairs on bench but didn't get on.

The 4th is Gemmell who was on the pitch but doesn't look right. I heard that he is struggling with his breathing after a bout of COVID. Surprised he is playing but a warrior like Michael doesn't give in to adversity.

McCormack is suspended 

Another rotten weather forecast. Strong wind and heavy rain. 
Forecast does look really poor although most of the rain falls Saturday morning. Strong wind looks like it will be blowing along the length of the park rather than across it. Goalie will be booting it the length of the park one half and struggling to reach halfway the other. A good old fashioned winter (ex) junior mud fight.

On the positive side apparently they have excellent pies.

Mon the BU's !!!

On 01/02/2022 at 22:27, Deanburn Dave said:
On 01/02/2022 at 21:37, John S said:
McCormack is suspended 

Yes he misses two league game. Will be banned for the BU v Berwick Rangers game.

Heard he was in Dubai so likely misses tomorrow. Don’t know about Tuesday.