Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

12 minutes ago, BU2021 said:

Why doesn't Stevenson start anymore?

A question often asked but not answered. When he came on loan from Raith he played as a winger, now he seems to be used as a back up player. He’s got pace, a good shot and can cross a ball. Think he has suffered by the influx of loanees. 

Stevenson is a lost player , either on bench or full back .

There really has been no consistency of form from any player this season with exception of Murphy and Gemmel .

Too many players look like they are fed up and that is feeding the inconsistency.

Nick Locke for example looked great at Broxburn playing centrally behind the forwards but here he is wide most of the time and has never looked the same player .

We need to look to next season as this from day 1 has been a bit of a shambles .

31 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Stevenson for me should be a starter on the left wing.
Locke flicks between brilliant and poor. Far too inconsistent.

Galbraith - good player - wants to be everywhere instead of linking with the front men he’s picking it up in our box, not where he should be. What is the shape our team should be playing? Because square pegs don’t go in to round holes.

Just going back to my previous post about our long term attacking problems, the difference this season is we no longer have the players to grind out results when our attacking options are limited.
Not criticising any of our players just facing facts

19 hours ago, dolly said:

Our attack has been a problem for a long time and players have come and gone in that time, a lot of them have been loan players, without any improvement. Losing Zander hasn’t helped but the problem has been there even before that.
Getting a goal scorer with pace must surely be the priority before we can get mount any serious challenge in this league

Kyle Wilson can score goals and looks likely to score anytime he plays centre forward. Annoyingly, he never gets left at centre forward very often.

17 hours ago, blue 8 said:

Bu needs a midfielder who can look up and make a pass we have some good young players but the Ball is not get to them 

We have arguably the best midfielder at doing that in the Lowland League in Danny Galbraith. Danny needs to stop coming deep and stay further forward where he can do some damage.

8 hours ago, BU2021 said:

Why doesn't Stevenson start anymore?

Inconsistent? Never plays well enough to make a position his own? 

Edited by 8MileBU

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

In his defence, it Can't be easy  for Locke being played in so many positions and frequently moved to 2 or 3 of them in one game. That would effect consistency of any player.

As seenitall states he was very effective as a 10 at Broxburn. Shame he hasn't been given a consistent chance in that role.

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Maybe that’s because he rarely plays in his preferred position and often more than one position in the same game

We have some very good players but squad very weak for back up in some areas. If we don’t have our best out there and on form we’re there for the taking. Not having a number 2 keeper hurt us badly against Stirling uni. Another 3 points thrown away in a another game we shouldn’t have lost. Happened too many times this season and if we want to challenge next season we have to start looking at it now as this season is a right off

On 13/12/2021 at 10:50, Deanburn Dave said:

Only way Stevenson starts for me is as an attacking right back but it would need a tweak in the formation as both full backs I’d pick are good going forward but I’m not sold on either defensively. I’d set up same formation Chelsea play against tough teams and the way Ragnick has set up Man U against sides we can afford to not play 3 at the back. 

Whichever way I’d set the team up, Gemmell & Peggie would hold the midfield and Locke & Galbraith would both play as 10’s just off the striker(s). 

Totally disagree re Nicky Locke. Would say he’s been one of our best, most consistent performers but has been a bit stop-start with niggling injuries.

Edited by 8MileBU

On 14/12/2021 at 19:45, Deanburn Dave said:

On the BU's official Twitter account is a Tweet that the Celtic B game on Saturday is online ticket only.

Car parking charge is £2.

Will give this game a miss. I like to support BU home and away, but the “home” side don’t need and won’t miss my (online) gate money. People should be PAID £2 to park their cars in Airdrie too! 😋

In other news - As suspected at the time, match officials may have cost us points last weekend: 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Link to video of incident below. Still unclear if ball was over the line but what is clear is a very clear and deliberate handball off the line by the VOL player.

Clueless. The player's body isn't over the line so clearly it can't be a goal, and the ball hits the top of the arm which isn't handball even if it was deliberate.

I would add the referee's name here to congratulate them on the decision but I can't find it on the SFA page.

boness.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Clueless. The player's body isn't over the line so clearly it can't be a goal, and the ball hits the top of the arm which isn't handball even if it was deliberate.

I would add the referee's name here to congratulate them on the decision but I can't find it on the SFA page.

boness.jpg

Alistair Grieve