Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Their pace beat us for the first two goals and the third was our habitual poor defending at corners. Galbraith seems to have a niggling injury problem, so that doesn’t help. 
Lot of good players not quite fitting together.

Hopefully three to comeback - McCormack, Grant &Comrie - mibbee.

You get Stirling Uni with their full strength team and they will give anyone in league a game , remember Kelty going 2 down in first 20 mins against them till they worked out how to stop the two whippets up front 

How’s Peggie, Carstairs n Flynn getting on ? 

Peggie is a fast skilful lad, who really puts a shift in and never hides.  His one flaw I have seen is a little over-elaboration.  Trying to beat men twice is a risky business at any level.

Carstairs has fitted like a glove, a perfect long-term replacement for Hunter.

Flynn, i admit, didn't impress me to begin with but he has now added a few goals to his hold-up play and is all the better for it.

8 hours ago, boheesian said:

Their pace beat us for the first two goals and the third was our habitual poor defending at corners. Galbraith seems to have a niggling injury problem, so that doesn’t help. 
Lot of good players not quite fitting together.

Hopefully three to comeback - McCormack, Grant &Comrie - mibbee.

McCormack for me will have to work very hard to get back in the side. The Skinner/Carstairs centre back pairing looks very promising. 

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

McCormack for me will have to work very hard to get back in the side. The Skinner/Carstairs centre back pairing looks very promising. 

McCormack's favoured position is right-back.  He was only forced inside due to necessity.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fair assessment Jamboness. Flynn yesterday really struggled in the last 15 minutes after taking a knock but fair play to him he kept going and gave his all.

His hold up play was like watching faddy yesterday excellent 

5 hours ago, Arnie said:

Talking to my mate that’s a ref supervisor and he was telling Darell Drew was playing for pumperston at the weekend he must the oldest player playing junior footie at 55 

Probably still the fittest player in all of Scottish football!