Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU win 1-0. Great defensive display in very windy conditions.

Definitely a great defensive display but probably doesn’t do justice to an all round very good BU performance. I thought Gemmell in particular and some of Galbraith, Nicol and Peggie’s play was absolutely outstanding. Despite having less clear-cut chances I’d perhaps argue that BU were maybe even the better side given the way the wind really picked up about five minutes into the second half and was almost a 12th man for Rangers.

Excellent performances all over the park from Boness today, Gemmell, Galbraith, Dev, Skinner, Locke, etc, were all excellent, but take a bow Murray Carstairs, he was absolutely outstanding today, I wonder if he has given Rangers the £750,000 striker Alegria back yet as he kept the Columbian in his back pocket all afternoon. For me Murray was undoubtedly MOTM today.

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Excellent performances all over the park from Boness today, Gemmell, Galbraith, Dev, Skinner, Locke, etc, were all excellent, but take a bow Murray Carstairs, he was absolutely outstanding today, I wonder if he has given Rangers the £750,000 striker Alegria back yet as he kept the Columbian in his back pocket all afternoon. For me Murray was undoubtedly MOTM today.

Carstairs and Skinner in centre of defence were both superb. 

39 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The £750K player is Charlie McCann who was the GersB no 6. If that's a £750K player how much is Michael Gemmell worth !! #Megabucks

I am absolutely shocked at that, Gemmell would be in my side week in week out before their number 6!

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The wind made it tough viewing. It was cold. But who cares .......3 well earned points for the BU. Both sides could and probably should have scored a couple of goals.

The greater level of experience in the BU ranks was the telling difference in my opinion.

MOTM ? .... Several candidates but for me it was Skinner who just edged it in front of Carstairs. Two central defenders who look like they were made to play together.

A really great 100 % performance all round. To those on the speculation of Skinners future take note , outstanding and playing with someone he didn’t know proved the quality of the player. He and Carstairs were outstanding in the back four. We were under the cosh for long periods in the second half but we’re resilient enough to grind it out. Well done guys.

15 minutes ago, dolly said:

Think Legless was shocked that the Rangers B number 6 was the player that cost £750K. Gemmell never gave him any opportunity to play.

Yer right enough, a few pints (first pub visit after a game since last March)and blurred vision. 

A really encouraging thing for me, was when I overheard two young laddies (with no distinguishing colours) in the first half.  One turned to his mate and said in an almost surprised tone "this is really good, eh?".  I hope they were local and become regulars.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

A really encouraging thing for me, was when I overheard two young laddies (with no distinguishing colours) in the first half.  One turned to his mate and said in an almost surprised tone "this is really good, eh?".  I hope they were local and become regulars.

Bo’ness True Blues RSC were advertising that they’d booked the downstairs bar in the Masonic if any members fancied pre match pints.

Be good if Bo’ness True Blues RSC got behind Bo’ness Utd instead of the Linlithgow Amateur side a bit more often if Rangers aren’t playing until the Sunday. 

48 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Bo’ness True Blues RSC were advertising that they’d booked the downstairs bar in the Masonic if any members fancied pre match pints.

Be good if Bo’ness True Blues RSC got behind Bo’ness Utd instead of the Linlithgow Amateur side a bit more often if Rangers aren’t playing until the Sunday. 

Perhaps Bo'ness True Blues Rangers Supporters Club were actually at the game supporting Rangers B. 

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

The £750K player is Charlie McCann who was the GersB no 6. If that's a £750K player how much is Michael Gemmell worth !! #Megabucks
Is McCann the most expensive opposing player the BU's have faced in a competitive game at Newtown Park ?

Reckon Gary O'Connor will be the most expensive opposing player we have faced . Scottish Cup game at Selkirk. Think he transferred at some point in his career for just under 3 million.

23 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Dave I watched a £1m pound player play for Accies yesterday and he couldn't lace Michael Gemmell's boots. Some utter dross going for bonkers money.

Is McCann the most expensive opposing player the BU's have faced in a competitive game at Newtown Park ?

Reckon Gary O'Connor will be the most expensive opposing player we have faced . Scottish Cup game at Selkirk. Think he transferred at some point in his career for just under 3 million.
Colin Cameron for Cowdenbeath? Wikipedia says he was once transferred for £1.75m - although that was to Wolves rather than the Blue Brazil.