Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Peggie and Nicol in starting 11. Murphy, Stevenson, Jacobs, Gemmell, Skinner, Galbraith, Hunter, Anderson and Locke.

More or less a full bench.
Really impressed by Peggie. Started as an 8 but at points played as a 6 and a 10. Good engine going up and down the park.

Nicol was very good and regularly beat his man in 1 v 1 situations. Pace, control and a good first touch.

Two good additions to the squad.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

We had chances but Edinburgh City created more chances and over the 90 deserved to go through.

The equaliser near the end of the first half was a scunner. Thought the two new boys played well. Couldn't fault the boys for effort.

A fair summary of the game, I thought the no 7 and 10 were your standout players. Danny Handling coming on at half time seemed to turn it in our favour. 

Great turnout from BU fans, I'd say you outnumbered us City fans judging by the goal celebrations. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

41 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Really impressed by Peggie. Started as an 8 but at points played as a 6 and a 10. Good engine going up and down the park.

Nicol was very good and regularly beat his man in 1 v 1 situations. Pace, control and a good first touch.

Two good additions to the squad.

Both just loans though? Always disappointing if they’re good but have to go back.

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
4 hours ago, bigwullieac said:
I had no idea at all that was him! 

I looked over at one point and he appeared amused when you were ranting about the opposing player trying to steal 5 yards at a throw in.

The Champions League winning coach* Alex Miller has been spotted a few times watching the City at Ainslie Park.

Donald Park and Billy Brown were also watching us today.

*Benitez's assistant, Liverpool, 2005.

At 1-0 if Bo'ness had got a second goal we'd have been out I think. The equaliser seemed to knock United off their stride and then we brought on subs in Robertson, Handling and Berry that were prepared to tackle and win balls. I was glad of the final whistle as I didn't fancy a replay at Newtown Park.

Best wishes to the BUs for the rest of the season.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

True 8mile but at Tier 5 often players just sign for a season so let's just enjoy the loan players while they are at the BU's.

We needed to freshen the squad up and from what Dave said they had pace something a few posters had said we were lacking.

Let’s move forward now.

Well done to the players for the performance yesterday. Thought we matched them in almost every department except they had a sharpness in attack that we didn’t have.
Don’t think anybody would have grudged us a draw. Well played.

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Both just loans though? Always disappointing if they’re good but have to go back.

At this stage of the season, permanent signings of good players is unlikely, or economically impossible.  We have Nicol for the rest of the season and I am sure we will enjoy watching him.  As for Peggie, just happy to have a player like him for however long he's here.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The return of Murray Carstairs to join the defence is good news. When he was last at the BU's about 4 years ago it was on loan from Kelty. He is 28.

Great player and would imagine he'll take well to the surface etc. Good signing for the BU.

22 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Been mentioned already. Maybe the price is right.

Good to see Herdy being allowed to throw money at putting the Camelon side that weren’t quite good enough to challenge for the EOS title back together. 

If Skinner is away to Lithgy, the price might’ve been right, but it’s a bit lame any player who wants to step down a level when they’ve been a regular in the side and playing very well in the LL. Would hope the Rose had to pay over the odds for him but have my doubts. 

Edited by 8MileBU