Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

31 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Well the highlights certainly clear up a couple of points for me.  The first goal WAS offside, no argument surely?  The second, I am not convinced Andy handled outside the box and at that angle, how could the linesman be so sure?  The third goal I had thought was handball at the time but it looks to have been a bounce of his chest.  At the Bo'ness goal, I had thought a red card for the goalie should have been the outcome but from the highlights it does seem just an unfortunate collision.

At the exact moment the ball is played, the first goal might be offside, though not easy to tell as we all know how deceptive cameras can be now we've seen the VAR lines on TV. A few frames later and the player has seems to have come back onside, tough one for the assistant. Doesn't help BU that the two nearest players are more worried about calling for offside than stopping the attacker!

Looks like the goalkeeper's feet were on the line and hands in front so probably the correct call?

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Our apologies go out to Bo'ness United for any inconvience this may have caused with their match preparations and we look forward to hopefully meeting them once  a new date can be arranged.

Given what's already occurred with three ties awarded to the opposition in the first round, doubt there will be a new date arranged.

Don't know the outcome of the McCormack hearings. I understand a "Low end" offence is a 2 game ban, "Mid end" is 4 and a "Top end" offence is 8. All depends how many swear words are detailed in the officials report and how apologetic and remorseful the offenders were afterwards.

No game today for the BU. Not a surprise. Official Twitter confirms next game is the Scottish Cup game @ Edinburgh City.

A wee rest for the boys who have been playing through colds and the lurgy is perhaps a good outcome.
What happened today? Did someone double book the pitch for a kids birthday party ?

1 hour ago, Specky said:

What happened today? Did someone double book the pitch for a kids birthday party ?

Now now Specky you're just trying to create mischief on here.   You know fine well why the game was put off.   

Remind me who are your lot playing in the Big Scottish next week ?

Now now Specky you're just trying to create mischief on here.   You know fine well why the game was put off.   
Remind me who are your lot playing in the Big Scottish next week ?
[emoji23][emoji23] me? No but that's what heard.

2 hours ago, Specky said:
11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
No game today for the BU. Not a surprise. Official Twitter confirms next game is the Scottish Cup game @ Edinburgh City.

A wee rest for the boys who have been playing through colds and the lurgy is perhaps a good outcome.

38829F93-1D45-4B62-B6B4-F9015B694F0E.gif

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Don't know the outcome of the McCormack hearings. I understand a "Low end" offence is a 2 game ban, "Mid end" is 4 and a "Top end" offence is 8. All depends how many swear words are detailed in the officials report and how apologetic and remorseful the offenders were afterwards.

6 games apparently. Absolute shambles that this was allow to happen in the first place.

He’ll will be a big miss.

Of course Darren has left the club I believe, so no big loss there.

Edited by boheesian

RE McCORMACK`S SUSPENSION :-

1) HE HAS A TERRIBLE DISCIPLINARY RECORD FOR YELLOW CARDS, RED CARDS & VERBAL ABUSE OF MATCH OFFICIALS

2) HE WAS ORDERED OFF FOR ABUSE OF A MATCH OFFICIAL

3) HE WAS NOT ON THE OFFICIAL TEAMLINES & AS SUCH WAS NOT THEREFORE ALLOWED IN THE TECH AREA

4)HIS REFUSUAL TO LEAVE THE PLAYING AREA AFTER BEING REMOVED FROM THE TECH AREA

5) HE THEN INVADED THE PITCH & WAS INVOLVED IN A FIGHT WITH A SHIRE PLAYER

6) AGAIN USED ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

A DOUBLE FIGURES SUSPENSION MIGHT HAVE BEEN APPROPRIATE

On 17/10/2021 at 08:45, boheesian said:

6 games apparently. Absolute shambles that this was allow to happen in the first place.

He’ll will be a big miss.

Of course Darren has left the club I believe, so no big loss there.

If so, 6 games is probably fairly lenient all things considered. 

1 hour ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

1) HE HAS A TERRIBLE DISCIPLINARY RECORD FOR YELLOW CARDS, RED CARDS & VERBAL ABUSE OF MATCH OFFICIALS

3) HE WAS NOT ON THE OFFICIAL TEAMLINES & AS SUCH WAS NOT THEREFORE ALLOWED IN THE TECH AREA

Not enough capital letters. 

2 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

I heard this from another Shire supporter who said he was a great player but had an awful disciplinary record