Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

Big thanks to the BU players , 3 games in 6 days . Full time professionals would be moaning at that .

Good quality match in terrible conditions at times but adds to the atmosphere in enclosure .

Thought CSS we’re a good young side who played well with no malice in their play , good to watch , credit to them . 
Good display by officials too.

Heard a ground hopper say at end that he “ thoroughly enjoyed that and would like to come back “. Also said “ What a lovely little ground “ so credit to NPA too , all good to hear .

All positives last night and Dev back as well .

Onwards and upwards .

ps , What a goal from Nick .

The ground hoppers like the traditional grounds. Newtown even though has the astro down still has the character.

Jamie Allan had chances to impress at the BU's but never really delivered. He is athletic and has a burst of speed but I thought his passing, positioning and awareness were all poor. He is young enough to improve though and maybe a move to the wee rose will see him improve his game.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Jamie Allan had chances to impress at the BU's but never really delivered. He is athletic and has a burst of speed but I thought his passing, positioning and awareness were all poor. He is young enough to improve though and maybe a move to the wee rose will see him improve his game.

Whilst loan players are ok as a stop gap we need a couple of signings to add to the squad with Zander out long term and no news of Tom Grants recovery on the horizon that’s the priority IMO.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So what's the story with Darren Gribben being on the bench as a trialist last night ........just a short term thing ?

I wasn't even aware we had released him.  As far as I was aware he was struggling for fitness and has barely featured the last two months or so (I'm not even sure he played a full 90 mins for us), then he started for our U20's a week ago and got red carded after 10 mins for swearing at the ref.  I guess that was the final straw.

On 02/10/2021 at 20:28, Marooneye said:

Great way to describe a young lad trying to get playing experience.  Classy as ever.

Mind when we signed Wilson from over the hill and your lot said he wasn’t any good the done all right since moving to a bigger team and league 

On 02/10/2021 at 22:30, Burnieman said:

I wasn't even aware we had released him.  As far as I was aware he was struggling for fitness and has barely featured the last two months or so (I'm not even sure he played a full 90 mins for us), then he started for our U20's a week ago and got red carded after 10 mins for swearing at the ref.  I guess that was the final straw.

Strong candidate for the 'Least Surprising Statement on P&B in 2021' award.

Kyle Johnston listed as a sub tonight. A reliable source tells me he is a goalkeeper.

Gribben a trialist.

Edit:- reliable source was Feckin useless (he should hang his head in shame) . Vernon has informed the BU faithful that Kyle Johnston is a 20 year old midfielder from Stirling Albion.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:
11 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:
2 goalies on bench? BU twitter says theres also a Mitchell (GK) on thebench

Mitchell who is listed as a GK is the BU goalkeeper coach. So yes it looks like we have 3 goalies in the squad tonight.

there I was thinking it was a good sign we finally had a full bench again (albeit one with Darren Gribben somehow on it)

The last few weeks have taken their toll and we looked very tired all over the pitch. The opponents had the bulk of the attacks and only last ditch defending and two brilliant saves kept a clean sheet for the BU's.

Credit to Max Christie for shifting Stevenson to right back to counter the opposition. Allowed wee Devon to fight like a wee terrier in midfield.

Going to do a SKY TV and name Kieran Anderson and Andy Murphy as joint MOTM.