Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

19 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Had he not had to go off at half time my pick would be Danny Galbraith imo class above since he's come in this season 

Couldn’t make tonight unfortunately but I said the same about Galbraith on Saturday. He’s one of those players where you almost have to watch his eyes and his feet as he sees a pass that will create a chance so well. 

Also I have an inkling, although I may be wrong; but I think Deanburn Dave might be posting from an XT1039 using Tapatalk. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Went along to the game last night. First time at Newtown Park in years, the previous game being Bo'ness v Buckie Thistle. Impressed with the new look of the ground as that stand was an eyesore.

Thought Bo'ness deserved their win, the first goal was a great goal. 

Wick were no great shakes, perhaps two trips in 4 days caught up with them. Knew the red card coming  as soon as the player picked up his first.

Completely agree with the comments about the ref and Wick no 8 who was the best player on the pitch. 

How bad was Wick's keepers kicking in the first half? 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Suggestion last night that the Edinburgh City game was on Friday 22 October...... anyone able to confirm ?

Spartans didn’t have a game scheduled for 23/10,as the date was for Scottish cup ties,I’m not sure if they have been given a game that day yet,maybe 22/10 is for another resdon(TV)???

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale are the Ainslie Park tenant for Saturday fixtures. Edinburgh City thought they were getting back to Meadowbank in time for the start of the season and then found they could only get back into Ainslie Park on Friday evenings when that turned out not to be the case. LTHV are away to Dunbar United in the second round though so that isn't the direct cause on the 23rd.

20 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Couldn’t make tonight unfortunately but I said the same about Galbraith on Saturday. He’s one of those players where you almost have to watch his eyes and his feet as he sees a pass that will create a chance so well. 

Also I have an inkling, although I may be wrong; but I think Deanburn Dave might be posting from an XT1039 using Tapatalk. 

He’s clearly top class and a great acquisition by Max. Looks like Nick Locke had a really solid game last night from the wee bit of highlights I saw and could easily have had a few more goals - keeper had magnetic legs.

We have had a real uphill part of the season so far but recent games have shown once we had got “MG gate” sorted we have turned the corner. Just cut out the poor discipline and just add a couple of more players - hope Devon has resigned for us- and hopefully enjoy the rest of the season. 

Edited by boheesian

I'm told by those ITK that it will be a Saturday cup tie for City, with LTHV going to Dunbar and our lovely landlords having been undone by a late Gala goal (stop that sniggering at the back).

I'm a bit alarmed to hear our old player Danny Galbraith has hit form. He had a few injuries at City but I have fond memories of him, especially scoring a cracker against QP at Hampden. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us..