Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Is there any footage of the tackle? I hope the boy recovers quickly but going by what’s posted he was taken out going down the touch line. Happens a fair amount of times and a yellow as not a goal scoring opportunity. Getting a bad injury doesn’t make it a red. 

Nobody has suggested it was a goalscoring opportunity or that a bad injury makes it a red card. Zander had beat one player knocked it past the second down the line and the defender lunged in nowhere near the ball and wiped him out. A clear case of serious foul play. Straight red all day long.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Nobody has suggested it was a goalscoring opportunity or that a bad injury makes it a red card. Zander had beat one player knocked it past the second down the line and the defender lunged in nowhere near the ball and wiped him out. A clear case of serious foul play. Straight red all day long.

Fair enough, that’s the first time that seen or heard any description of the incident 

19 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Fair enough, that’s the first time that seen or heard any description of the incident 

Weird how you missed the below post from Deanburn Dave which describes the incident very well and appeared literally on the page before your initial ill thought-out retort.

Arse.

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Miller had the ball out wide and had beaten one man, knocked it down the line and the Wick centrehalf lunged in with the ball well away. Red card all day long IMO. Referee instantly pulled out a yellow card. Disgusting decision.

9 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Is there any footage of the tackle? I hope the boy recovers quickly but going by what’s posted he was taken out going down the touch line. Happens a fair amount of times and a yellow as not a goal scoring opportunity. Getting a bad injury doesn’t make it a red. 

Poor comment 

12 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

It is one of the factors ta referee is supposed to consider.

Extracts from the Laws of the Game:

"Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off"

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play"

"Serious foul play A tackle or challenge for the ball that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality; punishable by a sending-off (red card)"

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

No but it was filmed in its entirety, including THAT foul.

Right well whoever is responsible for the highlights best not spare the cretin that crocked Zander and ensure the horrendous tackle is left I the highlights to shame their no5, the ref and the linesman.

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth that Wick have basically saved themselves from elimination and have another crack at progression due to an act of thuggery.

I’m not saying the No5 meant for that severe an injury but that’s the risk when you take a player out as recklessly as he did.

He gets to take the field again on Tuesday whilst Bo’ness have to do it all again without one of their best attacking players. Doesn’t seem right to me.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth that Wick have basically saved themselves from elimination and have another crack at progression due to an act of thuggery.

I’m not saying the No5 meant for that severe an injury but that’s the risk when you take a player out as recklessly as he did.

He gets to take the field again on Tuesday whilst Bo’ness have to do it all again without one of their best attacking players. Doesn’t seem right to me.

It doesn’t seem right that this ‘ thug ‘ - and I don’t give a toss if he’s a nice guy away from the game - gets to play in the replay.  It leaves a really bad taste in the mouth that officials get away with a total lack of ability in this situation.

11 hours ago, boheesian said:

It doesn’t seem right that this ‘ thug ‘ - and I don’t give a toss if he’s a nice guy away from the game - gets to play in the replay.  It leaves a really bad taste in the mouth that officials get away with a total lack of ability in this situation.

If the Wick coach has any integrity,then the player will be left at home

Just now, boness4ever said:

One thing needs to happen in the re replay,our guys HAVE TO KEEP THE DISCIPLINE.,I know everyone is angered by What has happened,but their is still a cup tie to be won,I’m sure Zander,lying in hospital only wants a BU win and keep 11 men on the pitch