Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Get your points Seenitall but we are where we are for Saturday. "Gemmellgate" is behind us so let's not dwell on it too much.

The return of Craig Comrie will make a difference as he and Gemmell work well together. Centrehalf wise a pairing of Hunter and Hawkins is probably our best option.....maybe our only option !!

I reckon Max needs to source a centrehalf or two.

Thought the first red card would cleared up on video , sadly not . Couldn’t  see a foul at the time and still can’t .

Thought the  second was a clear red at the time but after seeing again , could just be a coming together , booking at best .

Should appeal both 

Aye, could just be the blue tinted glasses but I wasn't convinced by either red card at the time and I'm even less convinced having seen the replays. Maybe the referee had an angle on Skinner's red that indicated it was deliberate, though. McCormack's looks harsh, as cards of that variety go.

A performance that lacked quality but they battled to a result. Good day out and hopefully they can do the business at home. Mon the BU!

I wouldn't say Edinburgh City are unbeatable as we're capable of fouling up as much as anyone. I have seen the BUs this season myself though and with respect I'd rather be facing this "transitional" Bo'ness team than ones of recent years as we'd likely have lost!

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I wouldn't say Edinburgh City are unbeatable as we're capable of fouling up as much as anyone. I have seen the BUs this season myself though and with respect I'd rather be facing this "transitional" Bo'ness team than ones of recent years as we'd likely have lost!

Where will the tie. E played,I hear city are moving into meadowbank in October??

11 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I can just about see why the second one was a red but the first is a farce. Barely a foul let alone a card.

Think the second one is easier to appeal based on the highlights because the ref had a better vantage point than the camera angle on the first one. On the second one the Wick player went down a little too easily and was arguably more intent on getting a player sent off than on scoring a goal.

11 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I can just about see why the second one was a red but the first is a farce. Barely a foul let alone a card.

You must be blind or don't know the rules. The 2nd one their is guy getting back that would cover should never be a red only a yellow.

As for the first one that is the type of stunt skinner does that regularly got him in trouble at camelon and probably was a red card

57 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

Where will the tie. E played,I hear city are moving into meadowbank in October??

It'll be Ainslie Park, and maybe a Friday night too although Spartans got put out (stifled snigger) and other tenants Lothian will be away to Dunbar if they win their replay.

City aren't due to move to Meadowbank until 5th November.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Our away form is better than at home. Home P6 W0 D2 L4 , Away P8 W5 D1 L2.

Gradual improvement since home defeat by Bonnyrigg won 3 Drawn 2.

Like a lot of clubs COVID has disrupted selection for a good few games plus players getting stupid suspensions.

Should we win the replay will look forward to the match.

53 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

BU,no wins at home,Wick,no wins at all,something has to give,extra time and penalties then😃

Great game to get a first home win. Wick blew it on Saturday. Hopefully we won't this weekend. BTW someone mentioned there is no extra time, going straight to pens after the ninety. 

7 hours ago, boness4ever said:

There are no LL games scheduled for 23/10 at the moment,unless Spartans are given a fixture then the Saturday seems most likely

Or could City v BU,providing we win, be a potential TV game,or is shire v Bonnyrigg more likely?

I think the tv game will go to Clydebank,Annan or the winners of the Cumnock/Fortmartine tie although saying that apparently Irvine and Auchinleck knocked back the tv request for the previous round so its anybody's guess as to who would want the cameras there 🤷‍♂️

BTW someone mentioned there is no extra time, going straight to pens after the ninety. 

That's correct John. I checked the SFA website.

Up to round 3 if the first game is level after the 90 mins there is a replay. If the replay is level after the 90 mins there is NO extra time. Straight to penalty kicks.

Round 4 onwards there's no replay. It's 30 mins extra time and penalties.