Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Drewmc said:

McCormack absolutely did enter the pitch at the end of the game. Got involved in the nonsense then ran off……utterly pathetic. In response to the various comments about so many cards……as Broomage5 has said the referee wasn’t helped by the players. In particular both captains were constantly badgering the referee from early on, to hand out yellow cards for every single foul. Maybe the referee will learn to ignore that stuff, but experienced captains should know better that  haranguing a referee to hand out cards was a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Deserves everything that comes his way then.

The stuff at the end was all on the players and benches. A real shame as the committee people and volunteers from both clubs who put in endless hours deserve better than being put in a situation where their clubs may face financial penalties……it is likely both clubs will get charged with failing to control their players. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All depends how dilligent the ref is with the report. If it's not in there it didn't happen so maybe best not to help jog their memory?

Do you think they are senile like. Am sure the officials won’t have forgotten so quickly. 

Was involved in a game in Canada where one of the opposing players from a Kurdish team (reputedly a former peshmerga) used a strategically prepositioned baseball bat to intimidate people when a bench clearing brawl was about to break out. Nothing in the referees report about the baseball bat angle meant nothing happened although I think that team did eventually get kicked out of the league in question after a referee got assaulted with a tire iron by a player who had been red carded.

The three officials could see things were getting out of hand and perhaps the Ref should have taken the 2 Captains aside during a break in play and given them the message that he wouldn’t tolerate anymore of their nonsense. 
A more experienced official would probably handled the situation better before it got out of hand.

Morale of the situation don’t send a boy to do a mans job, he lost it during the first half and the players took advantage.

On 05/09/2021 at 16:11, YirTea'sOot said:

Never understood this and hopefully a lesson learned for the management team.

Seen it before where just because a player isn't suited and booted, they think they are invisible to the officials and say/do what they want when in fact it's an open goal to a referee, especially one as far out of his depth as the one yesterday was. I hope McCormack wasn't stupid enough to enter the field of play at the end as has been suggested in a previous post. If he did and was spotted, he'll be hammered by the league and should get his baws booted by the club as well.

On a more positive note, I haven't been overly convinced by Greg Skinner so far this season but thought he played really well yesterday. Not often you say that when a player gives away a 'penalty' and gets sent off but in an unfamiliar back four line-up I thought he was excellent. Nice to have Dev back as well.

That's utter stupidity by everyone especially the player.

They deserve what comes their way in means of punishment.

A lesson will be learned 

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

McGregor was one of the players sent off from the technical area last week Boheesian. He has hardly been seen in the BU team and to be honest I would struggle to recognise him.

Didn’t realise that. As they say he wasn’t on my list so confusion reigned.