Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Six years ago Linlithgow Rose and their supporters were in Wick when the referee called off the game 40 minutes before KO. That would have been a scunner.

Luckily at this time of year the game should be on. Was a cracking place for a night out so I would recommend an overnighter as a 10 hour round trip in one day is hard work.

4 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Luckily at this time of year the game should be on. Was a cracking place for a night out so I would recommend an overnighter as a 10 hour round trip in one day is hard work.

What places would recommend fuzzy to stay 

McCormack with a scrappy winner from a corner in the last ten minutes. Berwick had a man sent off shortly before half-time for a challenge on Gemmell. (Home support unhappy with the decision but that's not exactly a surprise...) BU worth the win - also the better side before the red card - but not a classic!

Murphy’s easiest shift in a Boness shirt, could have stayed at home tonight.

The shouts from the home support were absolutely moronic, the challenge on Gemmell was a straight red every day of the week!

Boness were the better side but never really looked like scoring until the substitution of Anderson on for Stevenson, Boness then started creating chances and began to make their keeper work. Anderson was only on the park for 15/20 minutes but for me he was MOTM.

Boness thoroughly deserved the 3 points but it was a painful watch!

Edited by Legless

Agree with Legless, don’t think Andy had a direct shot to save all night, which in turn was down to a solid back four well protected by a dominant midfield.
Unfortunately goals are in short supply this season, and Anderson did make an impact when he came on. Maybe due some more game time.
Another clean sheet and another 3 points. Well done.

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Murphy’s easiest shift in a Boness shirt, could have stayed at home tonight.

The shouts from the home support were absolutely moronic, the challenge on Gemmell was a straight red every day of the week!

Boness were the better side but never really looked like scoring until the substitution of Anderson on for Stevenson, Boness then started creating chances and began to make their keeper work. Anderson was only on the park for 15/20 minutes but for me he was MOTM.

Boness thoroughly deserved the 3 points but it was a painful watch!

Hopefully his Dad reads the bit of your post I underlined and it cheers him up seeing as he was on the BU match posts on Facebook making snide remarks about “favourites” before the match and posting angry emojis at the post naming the starting line-up.

Edited by 8MileBU

5 hours ago, dolly said:

Agree with Legless, don’t think Andy had a direct shot to save all night, which in turn was down to a solid back four well protected by a dominant midfield.
Unfortunately goals are in short supply this season, and Anderson did make an impact when he came on. Maybe due some more game time.
Another clean sheet and another 3 points. Well done.

Have to agree with you about Anderson. When he has come on in recent games he has shown a good attitude and has proved a difficult player for the opposition to push about and has created chances. 

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Hopefully his Dad reads the bit of your post I underlined and it cheers him up seeing as he was on the BU match posts on Facebook making snide remarks about “favourites” before the match and posting angry emojis at the post naming the starting line-up.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

😂😂😂😂

In the first half Comrie was outstanding, always available and showed nifty footwork when under pressure.  The sending off was a deserved one and its timing couldn't have been better.  With 11 men I am sure they would have piled in at the start of the 2nd half but instead had to modify their tactics.

Although Murphy had little to do, a lot of that can be attributed to Skinner in the middle of the defence, whose interceptions and tackling were top notch.  Anderson really set the cat amongst the pigeons with strong, direct running and our goal was overdue.

A thoroughly deserved win and you always know when Gemmell is doing well when the opposition fans boo his every touch.