Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

4 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Big hunts confirmed as Player/Assistant Manager!

Do you think that over the past few years Hunter has been Bo'ness' biggest player asset youve had? Consistently played well any time I saw him against Musselburgh and who wouldn't want a guy like him shoring up their defence and also a powerhouse up the other end at corners, free kicks etc.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Do you think that over the past few years Hunter has been Bo'ness' biggest player asset youve had? Consistently played well any time I saw him against Musselburgh and who wouldn't want a guy like him shoring up their defence and also a powerhouse up the other end at corners, free kicks etc.

He has certainly made himself a fans favourite. He ‘retired’ a few season ago for a few weeks but things were not going well for the team so he came back and of course ‘ Big Game Hunter’ - as DD - likes to call him helped get the squad back on course. The word legend gets used too frequently sometimes without justification but in his case it fits the bill.

Edited by boheesian

13 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Definitely Bo’ness’ biggest player asset, don’t think we’ve had anyone taller!

In all seriousness there’s definitely a case to be made for your post. In Hunts time at Newtown the defence has always been far stronger with him in it and he has been sorely missed more often than not when he hasn’t played. Will be incredibly difficult to replace when he does finally hang up his boots.

Edited by 8MileBU

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Boheesian, I didn't just make it up. Stuart's Twitter account is @BigGameHunter82

Delighted to read that he has taken on the player/coach role. His commitment to the club has been outstanding.

Not on Twitter Dave so there was me thinking that you had come up with a really descriptive name for the big man. 😉

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

And to the surprise of absolutely nobody… 😂😂😂

Very dissapointed at this, thought both players had a part to play at Bo'ness, though at the same time it is fun to laugh at Linlithgow having to go after the signings of our more fringe players. Hopefully max will have some replacements lined up though.

19 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Very dissapointed at this, thought both players had a part to play at Bo'ness, though at the same time it is fun to laugh at Linlithgow having to go after the signings of our more fringe players. Hopefully max will have some replacements lined up though.

I’m not disappointed as I fully expected it. There’s also possibly a case to be argued that the poor start to the season BU have had is partly because some of the signings made were EOS level and struggled with the step-up…🤔

Hope we made them pay through the nose for them.

Cheerio lads. Mon the BU!

20 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Hope someone is able to untie you from the knots you've tangled yourself in from that post.

Can't say I'm bothered, quite apart from anything else we had too many players called Con(n)or McSomething and it would have taken me until the end of the season to work out who was who. Herd might have more of an idea how to get the best out of them, so possible win-win situation.

Also sort of admire the pettiness of the official LRFC social media guy going for "Bo'Ness".

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m not disappointed as I fully expected it. There’s also possibly a case to be argued that the poor start to the season BU have had is partly because some of the signings made were EOS level and struggled with the step-up…🤔

Hope we made them pay through the nose for them.

Cheerio lads. Mon the BU!

Don't tell the galacticos that.