Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

In Max we trust, do we? 
Another game where we second best to everything only another outstanding performance from Andy Murphy keeping us in it till the inevitable happened. With the exception of Hunts we have no leaders on the pitch, whilst there is no doubt we have some good players in the squad, the recruitment to fill the boots of the experienced players who left and retired has been poor at best. Why?

Comrie injured, Locke suspended didn’t help selection tonight but these things are part and parcel of every season but we don’t have the quality to replace them.

Over to you Max you’ve got a big job on however.

C’mon the BU’s

Sorry to say it but it’s becoming painfully obvious that we need a lot more than sticking together.
Was really looking forward to the new season but it’s falling apart
This group of players don’t look like they can turn it round

Thought it was an abysmal performance tonight. Every time we tried playing it out for the back we ended up getting caught with the ball and half the team out of position, lucky enough we still have Andy and Hunter or the scorelines would be a lot worse. Then after going 2-0 up I was struggling to figure out the formation as Zander was playing wingback for the last 20 minutes? We had no interest in attacking either when winning as every attack lost momentum and was played back only to be launched out for a Spartans goal kick or throw in.

And what does Flynn offer to the team? Besides losing the ball, kicking defenders and shouting at his teammates.

Some off the comments on here are embarrassing the lowland is a tough league losing to Spartans Celtic rangers EK etc is not disgrace with turnaround of players we’ve had it was always going to a struggle , I for one will back max to the hill and not question him 

21 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Thought it was an abysmal performance tonight. Every time we tried playing it out for the back we ended up getting caught with the ball and half the team out of position, lucky enough we still have Andy and Hunter or the scorelines would be a lot worse. Then after going 2-0 up I was struggling to figure out the formation as Zander was playing wingback for the last 20 minutes? We had no interest in attacking either when winning as every attack lost momentum and was played back only to be launched out for a Spartans goal kick or throw in.

And what does Flynn offer to the team? Besides losing the ball, kicking defenders and shouting at his teammates.

Our team is like a group of strangers no talking, no drive and we are seriously short of quality and sadly after 8 games where are we going To get them?
As someone said what formation are we supposed to be playing? I am sure some of the players must wonder as well. Need a couple of collies to keep them under control.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

One good piece of football by Tom Grant and a neat finish. Offensively that was all the BU offered. No 9 Zander Miller fluked a goal and then played most of the game helping out the defence.

No spirit, no fight, nowhere near good enough.

Another game where we create hardly any chances. We are dull and boring to watch.

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

We are being taken apart by most teams we play with exception of bottom 2 .

Too many players not good enough for this level and our best outfield player is 39 .

No idea how this is going to change but change it must .

I detest how accurate both of these posts are. As good as Tom Grant’s goal was tonight, ultimately we’ve looked pretty toothless up front for the most part. What’s even more frustrating is the amount of hopeful punts forward or careless and sloppy passes that lead to chances and goals for the opposition. That’s three maybe four BU games I’ve watched now where the midfield offers defence very little protection. It’s almost like we’re crying out for a player like, oh, I don’t know….. Michael Gemmell! 

Edited by 8MileBU

If not for Andy Murphy's saves, goal-line clearances and Spartans passing up gilt-edged chances, we could have been seriously embarrassed tonight.

Either the new recruits aren't up to it or they are not capable of putting into practice of how the manager wants them to play although to be fair, when Zander is tracking back 60 yards past our No.2 to try and stop crosses in the 18 yard box then it's maybe understandable if they're a bit confused.

If we play like that on Saturday against Bonnyrigg, their forward line will have a field day and I seriously fear for us.

Opinions are everything in football.

Limited choice of personnel tonight and although a bit disjointed in the first half with players playing unfamiliar positions and formation not obvious to me I thought it was going ok(just !)

2nd half position changes baffled me and players lost their way, became a hard watch at times. 

These last two matches have highlighted our inability to pass and move the ball quickly. We are ponderous and end up being closed down and giving the ball away and back on the defensive.

Last night we had a few bookings for petty things ie kicking the ball away and arguing with Ref. As the season progresses these add up and players get suspended not vey clever.

To Annie - these posts. are not an embarrassment it is merely supporters like myself watching a poorly constructed team playing poor football and not showing any signs of improving.

Whatever has happened between Max and Gemmell should be sorted out asap. Michael is a leader and we don’t have a lot of them.

11 hours ago, Legless said:

Missing Michael Gemmell badly!

Don't mention the G word. We've all got to move on according to some on here but they maybe didn't witness last night's shitshow.

One man doesn't make a team but would we have blown a 2 goal lead last night with him in midfield?