Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

I know most BU fans have little interest in lower league football but I thought I should mention that the wee rose have sacked Brown Trousers Ferguson and his coaching team.

It's a great shame that this has happened as it was an enjoyable wee romp while it lasted.

Fail the Gallant !!

38 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I know most BU fans have little interest in lower league football but I thought I should mention that the wee rose have sacked Brown Trousers Ferguson and his coaching team.

It's a great shame that this has happened as it was an enjoyable wee romp while it lasted.

Fail the Gallant !!

Wonder who they’ll appoint now. Wonder if @yessiricanboogie has any ideas?

4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Absolutely certain herdy will get it

Yup, his name sprung to mind right away.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:
Absolutely certain herdy will get it

Herdy would do it for 100 a week...... 100 pies that is.

If he comes looking for any of his old Camelon team we make them pay through the nose for them. I’d question why any of them would want to drop down a league though but cash is king even though the managers job is widely considered to be a poisoned chalice.

Edited by 8MileBU

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yup, his name sprung to mind right away.

If he comes looking for any of his old Camelon team we make them pay through the nose for them. I’d question why any of them would want to drop down a league though but cash is king even though the managers job is widely considered to be a poisoned chalice.

You've only got skinner mcmullan mckenzie Gillespie and keir macaulay now. 

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fail the Gallant !!

Let’s be honest they’ve been shite for 5 years DD 

Leaving the Rose to one side, we seem to have our own problems to resolve. I’ve just listened to Hunt’s comments after the EK game and it’s a bit worrying.
In the past couple of seasons we’ve been the team that nobody wanted to play against. We had a great team spirit and were really hard to beat. Now we’re posting about the Rose. Let’s see what tomorrow night brings

Big Game Hunter was spot on in his post match interview. You will rarely win games if you only apply yourself for 45 mins and don't create chances.

IMO the BU's have good players and you can see the potential is there. But barring the VoL and Edinburgh University games we have struggled to make chances and test the goalies. Apart from those 2 games we struggle to get 3 attempts on target in a match.

Zander Miller up top on his own is just not working. He doesn't have the speed or physique to take on a pair of centrehalfs when we inevitably run out of ideas and punt it up the park. We need to go 4-4-2 and stick with that formation. The 4-5-1 is not working......and I know it's supposed to be 4-3-3 but that's purely on paper. Positionally it's 4-5-1 for 99% of the matches (excl VoL and Edinburgh University games).

I also think that the BU's don't look as fit as they have been in the last 2 seasons. We look a yard slow going forward and 5 yards slow getting back.

Over the last several years we have been used to the BU being a hard working, competitive, never say die TEAM......we now have a group of good players but they haven't managed to work out how best to maximize their potential and perform on the pitch.

Max has a big job on his hands and hopefully he can get this sorted out soon.

This is the sort of post that can come back to haunt you but bear in mind that VoL and Edinburgh Uni are still around this season. Things have to go catastrophically wrong to be dragged into the relegation zone given how drastically far off the pace they are. If you are looking at a rebuild season to go through some pain after some signings didn't work out as part of the process of putting together the basis of a younger squad for the next 3 to 5 seasons this is a relatively safe one for that sort of thing.