Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

13 minutes ago, Drfunk689 said:

Forced out by manager who tried to sell him behind his back. 

I heard the same situation happened when Christie was at Bonnyrigg. Michael Gemmell has been a top class servant to Bo’ness and if this situation is true then I don’t rate Christie’s management skills. 

8 minutes ago, boheesian said:

I heard the same situation happened when Christie was at Bonnyrigg. Michael Gemmell has been a top class servant to Bo’ness and if this situation is true then I don’t rate Christie’s management skills. 

Correct. The exact same happened at Bonnyrigg as well. Signed him and tried to sell him to Hill of Beath behind his back then and same has happened again. 

Thought on balance we were the better team in the first half but allowed Celtic to dominate the second. The sending off certainly changed the game but to be honest we sat back and allowed them to dominate the play. 
From what I saw of Galbraith we have acquired a decent player, just needs training and game time after his injury. 
Why no Stevenson or Anderson coming on second half as Grant and McMullan were of the pace.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU 0 Celtic B's 2 at Full time. Soft Red card the defining moment.

Red card quite possibly cost us a point. Not sure BU looked like scoring but even though that mhob went up a gear second half they didn’t have too many clear cut chances until after the red card. Thought Locke was actually having a really good game at right back against their wee left winger who was probably their best player other than their big centre back who I thought strolled it. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Source tells me Michael Gemmell has left the BU's. A sad day if true

True story. Kind of tried to hint it in my posts here last week but didn’t want to say too much incase differences were resolved. Big loss, would’ve still had Gemmell as one of first names on my team sheet.

Edited by 8MileBU