Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Slightly surprised that Jordan Herron hasn't been used yet.  He was the one that Camelon fans crowed about when we signed him.  He looked decent against Stirling Albion and his intelligent use of the ball would be a boon to our midfield.

Yeah I wasn’t too keen on Flynn in that ‘10’ role albeit he didn’t play badly or anything.

Flynn wandered all over the place. 10, a second no 9, an 8 and at one point covered as a defensive mid. Looked like he was trying to get involved in the game but struggled to fit in.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Flynn wandered all over the place. 10, a second no 9, an 8 and at one point covered as a defensive mid. Looked like he was trying to get involved in the game but struggled to fit in.

The impression I got from the Kelty contingent on here was that Flynn was a strong, back to goal, ball to feet type of centre forward.

27 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:
The impression I got from the Kelty contingent on here was that Flynn was a strong, back to goal, ball to feet type of centre forward.

Watching him in various roles for the Shire he's a better number 10 by a mile. Cant lead the line but has the skill to set a few up

Yeah I didn’t think he seemed a centre forward type of player on Saturday. 

A much better balanced team than in the previous games.  Big Hunts really made a difference and their giant number 9 got nothing.  Great finish from Grant and McMullan looks the part as a goalscoring midfielder.  McKenzie deserved his goal at the end.  New loan signing Jamie Allan came on and what a speed merchant he is!  Thoroughly deserved win but we have to be mindful that the Uni are one of the poorer sides in the League.

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

A much better balanced team than in the previous games.  Big Hunts really made a difference and their giant number 9 got nothing.  Great finish from Grant and McMullan looks the part as a goalscoring midfielder.  McKenzie deserved his goal at the end.  New loan signing Jamie Allan came on and what a speed merchant he is!  Thoroughly deserved win but we have to be mindful that the Uni are one of the poorer sides in the League.

Hunter showed last night why he has been part of the best central defensive partnership at this level over the last couple of seasons. Hopefully his experience rubs off on those around him now that he is back. Stick Gemmell into that team in front of the back 4 and you have a solid foundation to move forward from.

I thought both Locke and Comrie were also worthy of a mention last night, Locke showing his versatility when he moved back to a holding role later in the game.

Apart from the Edinburgh goal Murphy was a spectator, was that due to the opposition or a better defensive display with Hunter back.

hope that no sensitive souls take offence at my post!

Hopefully that win boosts confidence and shows signs of a mostly new BU side settling and hitting a bit of form. 

Couldn’t make last nights game but much preferred the starting lineup to the one that was picked on Saturday, although I’d still have Gemmell in my side. Assuming work commitments were why he wasn’t in the squad last night? 

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

To be fair to Edinburgh Uni , they’ve had a draw already and only lost with the odd goal in five to CSS who are now top .

Think this league could be far more open this year .