Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

I thought yous were serious about a title challenge this season?

Even wee Bo'ness have managed a league win
We had 4 old BU outfield players starting today. Bringing 6 new boys into a team takes time. Max has had to change formations and positions to try and find a formula that wins games. This was always going to be a challenge.
The next two games are big.

Signed a lot of players from the league below, which those players didn’t look like getting out of. These players replaced players that were able to challenge in this league and won the league below, it’s pretty self explanatory.
That's probably a fair comment on the Camelon 6. Max in an interview when they signed said that the Camelon guys would not walk into the team and would have to work hard and keep developing their game to get in the starting line up. However most of them have had plenty of game time as our better** signings Cunningham, Galbraith and Darren McCormack have hardly kicked a ball.
Jamie McCormack looks like being a very good signing based on his performances to date.

**like every fan I always think the players that are unavailable are the ones who would make a difference.

24 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

That's probably a fair comment on the Camelon 6. Max in an interview when they signed said that the Camelon guys would not walk into the team and would have to work hard and keep developing their game to get in the starting line up. However most of them have had plenty of game time as our better** signings Cunningham, Galbraith and Darren McCormack have hardly kicked a ball.
Jamie McCormack looks like being a very good signing based on his performances to date.

**like every fan I always think the players that are unavailable are the ones who would make a difference.

Gemmell epitomises all that was great about the team over the last couple of seasons, after losing so many of that team and when Hunters not fit, then it’s a mistake to leave his experience on the bench. 
Looks like it could be a long season. Hopefully they turn it around soon.

1 minute ago, Legless said:

Gemmell epitomises all that was great about the team over the last couple of seasons, after losing so many of that team and when Hunters not fit, then it’s a mistake to leave his experience on the bench. 
Looks like it could be a long season. Hopefully they turn it around soon.

100% agree.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

From what I hear Cunningham has returned to LTHV. Anyone confirm?

28 minutes ago, seenitall said:

I believe he played for LTHV yesterday .

Not very inspiring that 2 signings away before kicking a competitive ball .

No it is not very inspiring equally so is our game plan, whatever it is or was. How often were we caught in possession with playing short balls in tight areas. Again after we had equalised we lost what was to be the winning goal by committing defensive suicide. I know it’s early days in the season but at this rate it’s gonna be a rollercoaster. 

Two players out  injured - Galbraith & D McCormack - plus Hunter to recover from COVID should strengthen the squad when ready but will it be enough?

BU Facebook has the post match interview with Max Christie.

Max thought we played some good football but we gave away two soft goals. Didn't mention the fact that Dalbeattie Star could and should have scored a couple more. He said Hunter will be out of COVID isolation for Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU Facebook has the post match interview with Max Christie.

Max thought we played some good football but we gave away two soft goals. Didn't mention the fact that Dalbeattie Star could and should have scored a couple more. He said Hunter will be out of COVID isolation for Tuesday.

Are we putting all our hope on a 38 year old  roughly ? 

Max makes the point that Stuart is a natural defender who sees the danger and pulls in players to cover.

The Dalbeattie Star centre forward gave our 2 central defenders a sound thrashing yesterday.......he may be 39 but BigGameHunter would have handled that situation far better.

........and to think big Stuart "retired" all those years ago !!

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max makes the point that Stuart is a natural defender who sees the danger and pulls in players to cover.

The Dalbeattie Star centre forward gave our 2 central defenders a sound thrashing yesterday.......he may be 39 but BigGameHunter would have handled that situation far better.

........and to think big Stuart "retired" all those years ago !!

When Stuart retired at end of 16/17, he was not adequately replaced.  Hassan Nyang came in but he was injured more often than not.    Our signings didn't inspire confidence, remember the Hamilton 4?  The Camelon contingent have already given more.

It was the season of Scott Sally, Jack Wilson and worst of all, Jordan Cropley..

I remember Hunter coming out of retirement to save our season and his first game at Lochee!  Maybe we could get Jacobs and Campbell to change their minds?  

56 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

When Stuart retired at end of 16/17, he was not adequately replaced.  Hassan Nyang came in but he was injured more often than not.    Our signings didn't inspire confidence, remember the Hamilton 4?  The Camelon contingent have already given more.

It was the season of Scott Sally, Jack Wilson and worst of all, Jordan Cropley..

I remember Hunter coming out of retirement to save our season and his first game at Lochee!  Maybe we could get Jacobs and Campbell to change their minds?  

In my opinion, a BU side with Hunter, Campbell and Jacobs would not have lost that game yesterday.

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

And Gemmell , how Flynn was in before him I don’t know . Michael is miles fitter .

Yeah I wasn’t too keen on Flynn in that ‘10’ role albeit he didn’t play badly or anything. Comrie seemed to be the only sitting midfielder and Gemmell alongside him would’ve offered the defence some additional (and much needed) protection.

Edited by 8MileBU