Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

7 minutes ago, John S said:

Bino's fans able to attend Newtown, BU fans able to attend Prestonfield, yet Dumbarton unable to accommodate any away fans at all. Doesn't seem right.

They paid their 50 pieces of silver so they think they can ride roughshod over the Lowland League. Sorry the LL took the carrot and couldn’t give a f**k.

Edited by boheesian

11 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Don't give them the benefit of the doubt.  They just want to make money from their pay per view and at the same time reduce costs at the ground.  If they are not willing to participate in this league properly, they can truly get to F***

My granddaughter was looking forward to seeing 'her' team, live and will be most upset when I tell her.  On second thoughts maybe I should let the wife tell her as I might use too strong language.

#scummycolts

Could ur granddaughter not get a ticket as a rangers fan

On 13/07/2021 at 09:56, Jambo'ness said:

So, the real stuff starts at the weekend.  Such a coincidence that the two biggest clubs against the inclusion of the gruesome twosome have opening fixtures against them.

Anyway, that leads to the biggest dilemma.  With thanks to The Clash, Should I stay or should I go? 

I am genuinely in two minds.  I am vehemently against the pair being inserted into our League but I want to support my club, who had the decency to vote against them.

A lot of people will have already had their minds made up for them, as supporters buses are uneconomical to run, with distancing restrictions cutting bus capacities by at least half.

How do others feel?

Marketed correctly these 2 clubs could draw larger crowds..... 

As for them being " inserted to our league "... democratically they were voted In,... as were BU,  we only had one point mathematical advantage with 27 points to play for.

As for them being " inserted to our league "... democratically they were voted In,... as were BU,  we only had one point mathematical advantage with 27 points to play for.
Spot on.

Journal article online has interview with Max Christie. Max is having a go at the decision by Rangers B not to allow BU fans at the game. "Bo'ness is a Rangers town" probably the most controversial thing Max said !! Article also says Matthew Flynn the trialist no 9 from Kelty has signed on a 1 year deal.

Flynn has plenty of experience but it would be harsh to judge him from the Rose game as he was hopelessly isolated and relied on chasing punts up the park. Had a few good touches but he needs a partner or far more support.

10 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Isn't the current capacity at Dumbarton (until next week anyway) about 300 though?

I was at the Dumbarton v Edinburgh City play-off last season and the capacity was 400, split both ends of the stand.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Journal article online has interview with Max Christie. Max is having a go at the decision by Rangers B not to allow BU fans at the game. "Bo'ness is a Rangers town" probably the most controversial thing Max said !! Article also says Matthew Flynn the trialist no 9 from Kelty has signed on a 1 year deal.

Flynn has plenty of experience but it would be harsh to judge him from the Rose game as he was hopelessly isolated and relied on chasing punts up the park. Had a few good touches but he needs a partner or far more support.

Matt Flynn signing for you? Boy is allergic to actually facing the goal. Lots of nice hold up play and good at bringing folk into the game but never seems to do anything that's ever effective

I know the tickets sold will be between 300 and 500 but let's get "on message".
The headline is:- Rangers fans in ticket frenzy to see glamour game v the BU's.
I'd been checking Rangers B Twitter regularly all week and tried to buy a ticket as soon as I saw they'd gone on sale (fully intending to infiltrate the home support), but to no avail. BUs are absolute box office.

7 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Matt Flynn signing for you? Boy is allergic to actually facing the goal. Lots of nice hold up play and good at bringing folk into the game but never seems to do anything that's ever effective

Didn't get a ton of playing time at Kelty but work rate was excellent and he actually chipped in with a few vital goals. Can see where Craigie is coming from with the above view with his style.  I'd say it's a good signing for you though.

On 14/07/2021 at 18:28, Bo'ness United said:

Offering money to join a League is not democratic it’s bribery. The vote was democratic but at a price. 

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Keir McAuley signs from Camelon. He is a left back. Played at Kelty previously.

He played decently when he came on at the Linlithgow game, well at least as good as decent could be for the general stinking performance we had