Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

So, the real stuff starts at the weekend.  Such a coincidence that the two biggest clubs against the inclusion of the gruesome twosome have opening fixtures against them.

Anyway, that leads to the biggest dilemma.  With thanks to The Clash, Should I stay or should I go? 

I am genuinely in two minds.  I am vehemently against the pair being inserted into our League but I want to support my club, who had the decency to vote against them.

A lot of people will have already had their minds made up for them, as supporters buses are uneconomical to run, with distancing restrictions cutting bus capacities by at least half.

How do others feel?

Get yourself along mate.
If you are a supporter, you will turn up anywhere, anytime.
I am a Berwick fan. I showed up at the club meeting and voted against the inclusion of the old firm colts. I stand by that. I have followed the club for over forty years, thick & thin. Mainly thin. Have watched us in sunshine and rain. Haven't always liked or agreed with the board or its supporters. But if they moved to Holy Island I would still go, when I could. I don't go to watch the opposition, but have been to cup games against senior clubs if you like, more in hope of an upset than to watch the circus. I will watch them against anyone. Btw
it was rumoured that your chairman was privately rubbing his hands with glee that the local old firm support would turn up, filling your coffers. Vote against it they may have, but won't send the money back, or give it away. I hope you get along and see a good game, see you in the weeks ahead.

9 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

it was rumoured that your chairman was privately rubbing his hands with glee that the local old firm support would turn up, filling your coffers. Vote against it they may have, but won't send the money back, or give it away. I hope you get along and see a good game, see you in the weeks ahead.

Where did that come from?  Certainly not heard it myself.  Their local fan(nie)s, would probably attract more bother than they are worth, as I would imagine some level of policing would be required.

My fate may be sealed with this game, as my wee grand-daughter wants to go, as her dad has cruelly brought her up as a currant bun.

A game kicking off without your traditional "Mon Bo'ness " shout. Surely not. Carol and I plan to be there, plus my new note book.

So, the real stuff starts at the weekend.  Such a coincidence that the two biggest clubs against the inclusion of the gruesome twosome have opening fixtures against them.
Anyway, that leads to the biggest dilemma.  With thanks to The Clash, Should I stay or should I go? 
I am genuinely in two minds.  I am vehemently against the pair being inserted into our League but I want to support my club, who had the decency to vote against them.
A lot of people will have already had their minds made up for them, as supporters buses are uneconomical to run, with distancing restrictions cutting bus capacities by at least half.
How do others feel?

How do others feel?

Get yourself along to support your team. The ‘kid on’ old firm being shoehorned into the league is a sham, but it shouldn’t stop you enjoying your weekend at the fitbaw.
Especially after the last 18 months we have all been through.
Go and enjoy i say.

8 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

How do others feel?

I was in two minds as well but the final decision was relatively easy.

Despite the opposition’s senior side being my “big team” for my sins, BU are my team and like most I was against the colts being admitted to the LL.

As much as I’d like to be there supporting the BU on Saturday, this Saturday I’ve again opted to take the overtime at work while it’s going. I’ll look at it as being paid not to go and I’m really not arsed with a trip to Dumbarton anyway. I also just kind of want my first BU game since the start of the pandemic to be at Bo’ness. 

5 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Get yourself along mate.
If you are a supporter, you will turn up anywhere, anytime.
I am a Berwick fan. I showed up at the club meeting and voted against the inclusion of the old firm colts. I stand by that. I have followed the club for over forty years, thick & thin. Mainly thin. Have watched us in sunshine and rain. Haven't always liked or agreed with the board or its supporters. But if they moved to Holy Island I would still go, when I could. I don't go to watch the opposition, but have been to cup games against senior clubs if you like, more in hope of an upset than to watch the circus. I will watch them against anyone. Btw

This was yet more slavering pish made up by those behind the squatters. They probably should’ve looked into the past typical sort of numbers spectating at colts games before making an arse of themselves with this made up pish.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I was in two minds as well but the final decision was relatively easy.

Despite the opposition’s senior side being my “big team” for my sins, BU are my team and like most I was against the colts being admitted to the LL.

As much as I’d like to be there supporting the BU on Saturday, this Saturday I’ve again opted to take the overtime at work while it’s going. I’ll look at it as being paid not to go and I’m really not arsed with a trip to Dumbarton anyway. I also just kind of want my first BU game since the start of the pandemic to be at Bo’ness. 

This was yet more slavering pish made up by those behind the squatters. They probably should’ve looked into the past typical sort of numbers spectating at colts games before making an arse of themselves with this made up pish.

Squatters?

Remember you handed the keys back.

Their entitled to hire it like every other homeless team.

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

This is very poor news. 

However my guess is that they wish to allow for social distancing?

Don't give them the benefit of the doubt.  They just want to make money from their pay per view and at the same time reduce costs at the ground.  If they are not willing to participate in this league properly, they can truly get to F***

My granddaughter was looking forward to seeing 'her' team, live and will be most upset when I tell her.  On second thoughts maybe I should let the wife tell her as I might use too strong language.

#scummycolts