Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

One way traffic and dont think Boness had a shot on target. 3 or 4-0 would have been a fair reflection and Boness 2 and 9 could easily have been sent off.

Alan Sneddon not signed for the Rose but may do this week.

13 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Preseason friendly but that was one of the worst performances I have seen from the BU's.

Meaningless friendly with a squad load of new faces. I’d read next to nothing into it. 

Linlithgow’s game of the season.

Poor performance. First half about even but never looked like scoring at any time during the whole game
With the exception of McCormack our pass marks were
down to the tried and trusted Murphy, Hunter, Stevenson and Gemmell. No fight from the rest
Badly missed Zander

We had a couple, none that particularly challenged the keeper though.!

One way traffic and dont think Boness had a shot on target. 3 or 4-0 would have been a fair reflection and Boness 2 and 9 could easily have been sent off.

The Rose were the winners today.    Boo !!      Truth is our attack barely laid a glove on them and it was an easy game for the Linlithgow central defence.  The BU trialist no 9 (Flynn) had almost no support all game and was outnumbered whenever the ball went his way.    He always appeared to be a distance from the BU midfield.    Don't know if that was a deliberate tactic to try and make space in between the Rose backline and their midfield but if it was it didn't work.   

I am happy enough with the BU defensive setup but there's still a lot of work to do on our attacking side of the game. We simply do not make enough chances during 90mins.    

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Story is that the BU manager said to him that he wouldn't be a starter for the BU's and  that the Rose have told Sneddon that he will get far more game time with them.  

I think Sneddon is a good player ........if he loses a stone and plays every week he could be a very good player.