Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Probably a dumb question, but what is the current situation regarding going to watch the pre season games
Not dumb at all Dolly. I would check out the Bo'ness and Stenhousemuir websites and Twitter to see if there's any announcements about the game on Tuesday. I have seen a few Tweets for some clubs games that say masks must be worn when entering and leaving the ground, that refreshment hut is closed and to observe 2m gaps when on the terraces unless in a bubble. Capacity is limited just now. I think it's 500 just now but that rises in a few weeks to 1000.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Not dumb at all Dolly. I would check out the Bo'ness and Stenhousemuir websites and Twitter to see if there's any announcements about the game on Tuesday. I have seen a few Tweets for some clubs games that say masks must be worn when entering and leaving the ground, that refreshment hut is closed and to observe 2m gaps when on the terraces unless in a bubble. Capacity is limited just now. I think it's 500 just now but that rises in a few weeks to 1000.

See you got 6 from us I was right about 5 of them. Surprised at alan sneddon. He was excellent at falkirk juniors. Was excellent in his first couple of seasons but missed a lot of games through his work and couldnt get the consistency 

Alan,

I asked you for the 6 names and you mentioned the names below as possibles ........any names you can confirm ?

Lockie.

Greg Macpherson full back/ winger

Greg Skinner Centre half

Jordan Herron Centre mid - class act

Connor McMullan - a number 10 - good player but a bit of a luxury player

Other one i heard was Conor Mckenzie a winger 

27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

See you got 6 from us I was right about 5 of them. Surprised at alan sneddon. He was excellent at falkirk juniors. Was excellent in his first couple of seasons but missed a lot of games through his work and couldnt get the consistency 

In what way surprised at Sneddon? He one that’s signed for BU?

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Alan,

I asked you for the 6 names and you mentioned the names below as possibles ........any names you can confirm ?

Lockie.

Greg Macpherson full back/ winger

Greg Skinner Centre half

Jordan Herron Centre mid - class act

Connor McMullan - a number 10 - good player but a bit of a luxury player

Other one i heard was Conor Mckenzie a winger 

Those 5 and alan sneddon. Lockie is the one that hasnt went to  boness

Cheers Alan. I see the Journal on line has an interview with Max which confirms the 6 Camelon signings and hints that they are not "starters" and need to force their way into the team. The BU manager says he still needs a back up goalie and that's him finished with new signings .

Journal also has a story with Lithgae Rose manager Brown Ferguson blasting Camelon for not letting the wee rose play their 2 Camelon signings as they are under contract until end of June. I would guess that the Mariners stance will be the same with the 6 Camelon players now at the BU's.

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cheers Alan. I see the Journal on line has an interview with Max which confirms the 6 Camelon signings and hints that they are not "starters" and need to force their way into the team. The BU manager says he still needs a back up goalie and that's him finished with new signings .

Journal also has a story with Lithgae Rose manager Brown Ferguson blasting Camelon for not letting the wee rose play their 2 Camelon signings as they are under contract until end of June. I would guess that the Mariners stance will be the same with the 6 Camelon players now at the BU's.

That is not the stance from Camelon on any other player, which I would guess there is more to it than suggested

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cheers Alan. I see the Journal on line has an interview with Max

^^^

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-sensational-signing-spree-sees-boness-united-manager-max-christie-snap-up-six-players-from-camelon-juniors-3276430

..."There are a lot of young boys there coming into an experienced squad and they’ll need to fight their way into the team,” boss Christie told the Journal and Gazette.

"They’re of a standard where they’re fit, full of running and athletic types which is what we’re wanting. They’re young, aspirational players looking to prove themselves and hungry for it.

"None of them are going to walk into that team but from what we’ve seen we love their attitude and their dynamism and they’re all really committed footballers and wanting to do well. Hopefully we’re providing a platform for them to do that...

Edited by LongTimeLurker

As KD says.