Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Last season was a bit Meh due to the effect Covid had on Fitbaw. Max and the committee had their hands tied on refreshing the squad as it would have been foolish to have splashed cash when nobody knew what effect Covid would have on the season getting played, fan attendance and cash flow.

This season I think we are all feeling cautiously optimistic that we may get back to something closer to normality.

Although several of the new signings have still to be officially announced (because they are still under contract until end June) there's indications that Max has been busy and has brought in quality players.

Reckon the BU's will be one of half a dozen clubs who will compete for the title this season. I am certain Max will be expecting big things from the squad.

Fingers crossed that we get some luck in the cup draws and we see some memorable games.

Mon the BU's !!!

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Last season was a bit Meh due to the effect Covid had on Fitbaw. Max and the committee had their hands tied on refreshing the squad as it would have been foolish to have splashed cash when nobody knew what effect Covid would have on the season getting played, fan attendance and cash flow.

This season I think we are all feeling cautiously optimistic that we may get back to something closer to normality.

Although several of the new signings have still to be officially announced (because they are still under contract until end June) there's indications that Max has been busy and has brought in quality players.

Reckon the BU's will be one of half a dozen clubs who will compete for the title this season. I am certain Max will be expecting big things from the squad.

Fingers crossed that we get some luck in the cup draws and we see some memorable games.

Mon the BU's !!!

We certainly look to have recruited wisely (once all confirmed).  Will they gel as a team?  I think so.  We have an experienced central spine, in Murphy, Hunter, Gemmell, Locke & Miller.  Add Grant, Stevenson & Anderson and the new boys and you see that Max has assembled a quality squad that 'could' seriously challenge.

Will be a long way from recent years, where the bench has normally been comprised of cripples and pensioners 😀

If all the speculation on incoming players bares fruit plus the remnants of last years squad then it will be season to look forward to. 
The further relaxation of the COVID restrictions will allow us to return Newtown and hear the mellow tones of encouragement from Jamboness.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

If all the speculation on incoming players bares fruit plus the remnants of last years squad then it will be season to look forward to. 
The further relaxation of the COVID restrictions will allow us to return Newtown and hear the mellow tones of encouragement from Jamboness.

I will have to start lubricating the vocal chords, I suppose.  Wouldn't want to let you down.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I will have to start lubricating the vocal chords, I suppose.  Wouldn't want to let you down.

That'll be vocal cords. As in thin strips of cartilage stretched across the back of the throat.

That'll be vocal cords. As in thin strips of cartilage stretched across the back of the throat.
You've clearly never heard Jambo's harmonic set of pitches and frequencies on a Saturday afternoon

22 hours ago, rockson said:

Oh no!  The spelling police are out and about.  Are you a young medical student, frustrated that nobody will talk to you?  Now you know why.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Oh no!  The spelling police are out and about.  Are you a young medical student, frustrated that nobody will talk to you?  Now you know why.

No. Just someone who prefers clarity in communication.

And mistaking chord for cord is not a spelling error.

Just because something shapes sound doesn't mean the word to describe it is the same as the one for a harmonious set of musical notes.

Edited by rockson

25 minutes ago, rockson said:

Just because something shapes sound doesn't mean the word to describe it is the same as the one for a harmonious set of musical notes.

As I said, describes exactly what emits from Jambo on match days. BTW I 'm sure everyone else was clear as to what Jambo meant even with the added h. Makes it a spelling error but no error in the meaning of the post.

2 hours ago, rockson said:

Of course a ligature round the throat - a piece of cord - would definitely alter the chords. Simples

3 hours ago, rockson said:

as a former English teacher and Bo'ness fan who enjoys the melodic chords coming out of Jambo's cords, stop being a pedantic fanny

23 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

as a former English teacher and Bo'ness fan who enjoys the melodic chords coming out of Jambo's cords, stop being a pedantic fanny

There's nothing pedantic about wanting people - especially children - to be able to recognise when a word is being misused.

45 minutes ago, rockson said:

There's nothing pedantic about wanting people - especially children - to be able to recognise when a word is being misused.

Now that you have made it so clear that you are the righteous one, I do hope that you will now visit every thread on every forum and pass on your wisdom to everybody that has made an error, in your eyes. 

On 06/06/2021 at 19:49, rockson said:

On 07/06/2021 at 19:55, rockson said:

1 hour ago, rockson said:

B2BC3BD7-8FBD-4735-8521-13B9AF81A971.gif

4 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Wishing the BU's all the very best in the SLFL next season 👍

Thanks Vale.

I assume you used spellcheck before posting. Some strange people trawling this topic, obviously had a misspelt youth.