Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The SPFL list as it stands. 41 teams on it, just one missing. Clyde, and especially Falkirk, have recruited from higher levels. Twist or stick for QP? Window shuts at midnight. Good luck and a steady hand to those involved today.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/january-signings-48158

I suppose we will all know soon enough. I'm sure that the new Director of football has assessed the squad and lets be honest, he doesn't look to happy in recent interviews. I have the feeling however that in the short term, priorities seem to lie elsewhere. We may be about to get that " trust the process" message.

1 minute ago, ab1867 said:

Are there any murmurings? Rumours? 

Yes, I will take anything at this stage. 

Not sure if the new Director of Football has given any clues in his interviews. We know he has great connections to young talent, maybe he has a few unsigned gems hiding somewhere that could be brought in even after the window shuts? Yep...looks like I'm clutching at straws too though.

We need at very, very least, one more attacking option. I’d also be bursting a gut to get Kerr McInroy from Celtic. Contract up at the end of the season, great first half of the season at Airdrie. Not only does he fit the profile we seem to be after, but he’s also proven he can do a job at Championship/League One level.

2 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Bit of a shot in the dark considering the level he’s signed from but definitely worth a punt imo, will be interesting to see how he turns out for you guys

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/cambuslang-rangers-hot-shot-snapped-26097982

Worth a punt.

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

We need at very, very least, one more attacking option. I’d also be bursting a gut to get Kerr McInroy from Celtic. Contract up at the end of the season, great first half of the season at Airdrie. Not only does he fit the profile we seem to be after, but he’s also proven he can do a job at Championship/League One level.

I think Celtic want a look at him and that was why he was recalled

2 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Bit of a shot in the dark considering the level he’s signed from but definitely worth a punt imo, will be interesting to see how he turns out for you guys

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/cambuslang-rangers-hot-shot-snapped-26097982

I was at the game on Saturday and I've not seen a performance like that at that level before. A joy to watch.

Stenhousemuir took Connor McBride on loan from Celtic midway through the doomed 2019/20. He's one of the most nothing players I've seen at Ochilview in a long time, not bad enough to really stick out but nowhere near good enough to make it as a full-time footballer. He scored one goal, in a 3-1 defeat at Cowdenbeath, and didn't contribute much else. It was some surprise to see him move to Blackburn Rovers, but then it can't hurt of your da's a football agent!

I hope he does Queen's Park a decent turn. Striker certainly has been a problem position for a good few months now.

48 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir took Connor McBride on loan from Celtic midway through the doomed 2019/20. He's one of the most nothing players I've seen at Ochilview in a long time, not bad enough to really stick out but nowhere near good enough to make it as a full-time footballer. He scored one goal, in a 3-1 defeat at Cowdenbeath, and didn't contribute much else. It was some surprise to see him move to Blackburn Rovers, but then it can't hurt of your da's a football agent!

I hope he does Queen's Park a decent turn. Striker certainly has been a problem position for a good few months now.

That doesn’t sound too encouraging 🤔. Hopefully he’s matured a bit. Scored some decent goals and has come up with half a dozen decent assists this season.  Think he’s been used more as a number 10 recently. Fingers crossed but I won’t get my hopes up too much. 

Edited by Southern spider

I’m really not convinced bringing a single attacker is going to change the team’s fortunes drastically. Mcbride might turn out to be a great addition but it’s a hell of a lot of pressure for him to arguably salvage our season. Was going into today thinking a minimum of 2 additions would be a certainty. Still a wee bit of time still I guess