Queen’s Park 21/22

The club hierarchy made a rod for their own backs and have continued to compound mistakes. You can’t come out talking about Premiership in the press and then row back to a position of “consolidation.” We didn’t place the expectations on the season, the club did. 

A Championship winning manager leaving, his assistant not being up to it. Firing him at a crucial point in the season with nobody waiting to come in. All of this meaning our Director of Football is unable to give full attention to his remit.

Whilst there’s progress being made on the community side and infrastructure, there’s a feeling that the first team has become something of an afterthought. That’s the part the fans care most about. I’m not convinced that those at the top are quite in that page, or even attempted to be on that page yet. 

If we go through the whole of January without making signings, it’s an act of complete negligence. We are, first and foremost, a football club. I’m completely and enthusiastically behind the community stuff and attempts to grow the club, but the focus for this period should absolutely be on football matters. If we don’t reach the playoffs, it’s a complete and utter embarrassment given the facilities, the full-time football and the money being spent.

15 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

With the delay over the new manager and the lack of activity on the transfer front, you almost get the feeling that the club has written off this season.

That’s the exact feeling I get. The club seem to have written off any ambitions for this season in preparation for next season. Will that work long term, quite possibly. However, when you’re paying £18 a head for home games, you absolutely expect the club to try their best to achieve a positive outcome at the end of the season 

The communication with the club has gone beyond the point of being angry now, it’s just the norm and I’ve just fully come to expect that this will be the way things are run going forward. When you break it down, it’s been an absolutely shambolic season across the board

Delays in the new stadium 

Renting a pitch to suit “Ellis Ball”. A pitch which is renowned for being utterly hoaching in winter 

Appointing a manager who was so far out his depth and to replace him with absolutely nobody

Underperforming and crocked squad of players on very generous wages, alongside top class facilities 

Zero communication from the hierarchy which has naturally led to several fans questioning Leanne Dempster and the way she works. Certainly a successful operator based on previous work but she’s done nothing since arriving that justifies fans to stay on side with her. 

Guess the only way is up from here…

Edited by qpfc

As I have said in an earlier post I struggle to believe that Haughey, Dempster, Beuker, and Commercial Staff have anything but their own interests at heart ranging from it's just a job, addition to CV, and plaything to boost an image. The one thing they have forgotten intentionally or otherwise is the support and what Queen's Park means to them. They have treated us with contempt, reduced the committee to puppets, members to irrelevant and as for the rest of us trash, who knows. If we make no attempt to improve and really go for the play offs I will not be back next season. Any football club is judged and supported for its 1st team success. All the do gooding moral additions are great but are nothing without a 1st team performance on the park. Our youngsters, good as they may be, are miles away from the stamina and grit required for Division 1 and beyond. Long term might be different but with the best will in the world we will not develop a teamful of youngsters at the same time ever. It will have to be mixed with experience and brawn which can only be bought. If they have written off this season that is contemptible.

I don’t have a problem with people using us as a springboard for their careers. Ultimately, if they get a more lucrative move off the back of it, it’ll mean they’ve probably done a good job for us. Same situation with players. It’s now a professional environment and people have every right to try and make the best of their careers. Some will see it as a job and some will immerse themselves in the club and stay for years, just as happens at other clubs

I’m not writing anyone off because there have been huge mitigating circumstances off the pitch, with the stadium being a massive issue. However, the footballing side has not been good enough this season and there won’t be any excuses or distractions on the same scale to hide behind for much longer.

On a related topic, and I don’t want to go into specifics, but I heard of a situation this afternoon, after this earlier discussion, that won’t get publicity, but was really thoughtful gesture from the club to someone having a bit of a time of it. Kieran Koszary is a good guy and asset to the club.

Kieran Koszary was very helpful when I ran into difficulty setting up my online QP ticket account. He came over as an all round decent cove as he went well out of his way to make sure that things were working smoothly. I think there's a lot of frustration among the support just now as the first team for whatever reasons have been underperforming when you look at the resources and facilities available to them. Add to that the lack of transfer activity in the current window while other teams strengthen. There is great emphasis by the club on the progress being made on the commercial front and community engagement but as has been pointed out by others maintaining such progress is dependent on the first team playing decent football.

This is a big weekend coming up. The team must perform against Airdrie or we could find ourselves slipping to fifth in the league. Winning this division is already well beyond us (despite what Michael Doyle said in his last interview) and the possibility of a play off spot is looking increasingly shaky unless there is considerable improvement on field.

Securing fourth place this season is now a tall order; however, one that is within our control, at present. We need a run of victories to ensure we stay ahead of those hot on our heels. 

Winning the final play-off-slot on the back of a fiercely contested final quarter of the season would give us the momentum needed in the Play-offs; and, arguably, an advantage over those who may have secured their Play-off places long before the final games of the season.  

The first of those victories is coming up this weekend.  

44 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Securing fourth place this season is now a tall order; however, one that is within our control, at present. We need a run of victories to ensure we stay ahead of those hot on our heels. 

Winning the final play-off-slot on the back of a fiercely contested final quarter of the season would give us the momentum needed in the Play-offs; and, arguably, an advantage over those who may have secured their Play-off places long before the final games of the season.  

The first of those victories is coming up this weekend.  

We don't do runs of victories. Runs of draws are our thing. Promotion winning form in 1980/81 right enough.....when it was only two points for a win

I really wish I had your confidence. We all know form in football can turn in an instant. We all thought (or hoped) the Falkirk result was going to kick start things but that didn't happen. So we could win 6 nil tomorrow and I still wouldn't be convinced it was the start of a consistent run unless we add a striker to the squad and get in a decent manager. Sorry but one win in 10 and 11 draws from 20 have made me like this.

Feel free to quote all this stuff to me should we go on a good run. I'd be fuckin delighted to be wrong.   

22 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

As I have said in an earlier post I struggle to believe that Haughey, Dempster, Beuker, and Commercial Staff have anything but their own interests at heart ranging from it's just a job, addition to CV, and plaything to boost an image. 

The commercial guy is doing the job he is paid to do. Cringey vids aside, he seems to be doing a decent job. Aye it's a constant bombardment of tweets and posts right now from his department but that's only because the club have nothing to tweet about actual football matters. Well no good news anyway. The team doing poor right now actually makes his job harder.

As for Haughey, who knows what his intentions and aims truly are as we've never heard from him so we only have the word of the President to go by. However I do know that we might not have got the required amount of members' votes to turn pro without promise of his investment, I doubt we would have won promotion to League 1 during a pandemic without him financing the 1st team (what standard of player would have signed for us and played for only expenses while the world shut down?) In fact, I'm pretty sure we'd be duking it out in the bottom half of league 2 right now. And let's not forget his money bailed us out when the initial Lesser build went tits up. 

10 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

The commercial guy is doing the job he is paid to do. Cringey vids aside, he seems to be doing a decent job. Aye it's a constant bombardment of tweets and posts right now from his department but that's only because the club have nothing to tweet about actual football matters. Well no good news anyway. The team doing poor right now actually makes his job harder.

As for Haughey, who knows what his intentions and aims truly are as we've never heard from him so we only have the word of the President to go by. However I do know that we might not have got the required amount of members' votes to turn pro without promise of his investment, I doubt we would have won promotion to League 1 during a pandemic without him financing the 1st team (what standard of player would have signed for us and played for only expenses while the world shut down?) In fact, I'm pretty sure we'd be duking it out in the bottom half of league 2 right now. And let's not forget his money bailed us out when the initial Lesser build went tits up. 

Well said Mick. Everbody is moaning that we have not signed anybody this month. The only signings that we need are a new manager and a goalscorer. We have I believe interveiwed people for the managers job and indeed it has been suggested that Jack Ross is the man that QP want but after his interview in the Sun it appears that he is in no hurry and that he does not want to come to us, certainly at the moment. As far as a goalscorer is concerned, please tell me who is available?

We owe WH a lot and without him Mick, is right, we would be duking in League 2

30 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

As far as a goalscorer is concerned, please tell me who is available?

Surely there is somebody out there we can get on loan (unless we have reached the loans limit) Even a half decent young striker from a premiership club, something we used to do when we were amateur ( Brophy, Duggan, Keena)

Heard a rumour Murray is having an operation next month!

57 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Surely there is somebody out there we can get on loan (unless we have reached the loans limit) Even a half decent young striker from a premiership club, something we used to do when we were amateur ( Brophy, Duggan, Keena)

Heard a rumour Murray is having an operation next month!

I wish Simon Murray well but I doubt we will see him in a QP shirt again. It is looking similar for Baynham without any more information.

Looking like zero activity in the window unless there are late moves on Monday? Which would suggest rest of season for director of football and new manager to assess playing staff. If that's the case finish 4th at best and big push for promotion nxt season? Glass half full it hasn't done Cove any harm...

1 hour ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Looking like zero activity in the window unless there are late moves on Monday? Which would suggest rest of season for director of football and new manager to assess playing staff. If that's the case finish 4th at best and big push for promotion nxt season? Glass half full it hasn't done Cove any harm...

You assume we will have a new manager this season? The way we have botched it so far that could be in doubt 😦