Queen’s Park 21/22

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

That's the pairing then. Bring them in.

Not sure Bartley would leave an Assistant Manager position at Premiership level to do the same thing at QP, if he ends up leaving us it'll be for either full time punditry or a manager gig elsewhere

59 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

We can file sharing a dodgy grass pitch for the season in the ever growing terrible decisions folder

Our highly paid Chief Executive and legions of hangers on will get one big decision right at some point. Just you wait. We might have went bust by then mind. 

looking forward to seeing your new stadium when it’s up, wasn’t much to see last Scotland game as I think you were in dispute with the contractor or something at the time. Hopefully it’s a positive move for you while Hampden has great history for QPFC your new ground will surely be a better fit for the club and support size. 

What’s the latest update on Lesser Hampden?
Is it due to be ready for next season?
What’s the capacity going to be now?
is it all seater or is there standing?
Are you renaming it or keeping it as Lesser Hampden? 

looking forward to seeing your new stadium when it’s up, wasn’t much to see last Scotland game as I think you were in dispute with the contractor or something at the time. Hopefully it’s a positive move for you while Hampden has great history for QPFC your new ground will surely be a better fit for the club and support size. 

What’s the latest update on Lesser Hampden?
Is it due to be ready for next season?
What’s the capacity going to be now?
is it all seater or is there standing?
Are you renaming it or keeping it as Lesser Hampden? 

I walk past Lesser Hampden most days and there's been no noticeable work done in months. I could be wrong though.

I heard from a very much ITK QP fan that there were major problems with the ground it was being built on, hence the delay.

23 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I walk past Lesser Hampden most days and there's been no noticeable work done in months. I could be wrong though.

I heard from a very much ITK QP fan that there were major problems with the ground it was being built on, hence the delay.

I saw it the other day, and it does look like no recent progress. I'm hoping maybe contractors back tomorrow, but beyond basic architectural drawings (not civil and structural), I don't believe we have any real detail on the groundwork and overall project programme. It's not possible that a ground survey wasn't carried out at a very early stage.

Is it?

On 08/01/2022 at 13:20, Big Badger said:

Our highly paid Chief Executive and legions of hangers on will get one big decision right at some point. Just you wait. We might have went bust by then mind. 

I'm prepared to praise them for demolishing the old dressing rooms at Lesser. Mainly because it really annoyed a bunch of weird farmhouse nonces so fair play. 

Noticed on Twitter that John Potter is gonna be in charge of the Alloa game on Saturday until they finalise a new manager. Jack Ross’s assistant at hibs and also worked with him at st Mirren and Sunderland. 

I really want to add 2 + 2 together and hope it means a potential chance of Jack Ross coming in but we just have to wait and see

26 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Noticed on Twitter that John Potter is gonna be in charge of the Alloa game on Saturday until they finalise a new manager. Jack Ross’s assistant at hibs and also worked with him at st Mirren and Sunderland. 

I really want to add 2 + 2 together and hope it means a potential chance of Jack Ross coming in but we just have to wait and see

So far, so good. Make it happen.

26 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Funnily enough that wasn’t mentioned in the recent website article about how training has been going under Peter Grant and Gardner Speirs 

What!!!!?????? You really expect relevant information from our website????????!!!!!!!!!😂😂🤣🤣

Edited by williebraveheart

Given the current climate would it be beyond the realms of possibilities that Jack Ross is isolating with COVID (or has been a close contact) so can't take charge right now? Please!

Edited by JT1867

42 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Given the current climate would it be beyond the realms of possibilities that Jack Ross is isolating with COVID (or has been a close contact) so can't take charge right now? Please!

Indeed.

But it would hardly stop them announcing his appointment though would it?

41 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

This had certainly crossed my mind. As others have said, it's probably unlikely that we parted ways with Ellis without someone lined up, which would also explain why the job doesn't seem to have been advertised.

I'm sure we wouldn't announce anything until it's a done deal, but it's very possible that whoever was/is lined up would have been announced by now if they hadn't been unable to formally sign a contract due to isolation.

Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

On 08/01/2022 at 12:20, Spider Rico said:

We can file sharing a dodgy grass pitch for the season in the ever growing terrible decisions folder

With the Lowland League back in operation and a good number of them without a park and sharing the all weather parks near Glasgow, there weren't many alternatives.

On 09/01/2022 at 21:31, Velvet Donkey said:

I saw it the other day, and it does look like no recent progress. I'm hoping maybe contractors back tomorrow, but beyond basic architectural drawings (not civil and structural), I don't believe we have any real detail on the groundwork and overall project programme. It's not possible that a ground survey wasn't carried out at a very early stage.

Is it?

The usual half dozen workers were back on site today.

With planning permission still to be approved and the amount of work required it's hard to see Lesser being ready for next season (which kicks off in six months time) unless there's a serious upping of the work rate.

Edited by JT1867

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

With the Lowland League back in operation and a good number of them without a park and sharing the all weather parks near Glasgow, there weren't many alternatives.

Was Hamilton an available alternative? I honestly don't know

I admit, I was quite happy when they announced Firhill in the summer. But my thinking was obviously clouded by the decent pubs nearby, the good weather back then and the pitch looking OK.

Ground sharing a grass pitch in the winter sadly isn't working for either club. The pitch is ruined.

Edited by Mick1867