Queen’s Park 21/22

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Either the club’s integrity has gone for good or someone at the top needs to go. Sacking a manager after six months in the job, especially one they knew, is hellish poor decision-making. Peter Grant as assistant coach is shameful. Still of the belief he got his dad to get Nicky Jamieson away from the club.

My goodness 🤣 We’re a different club now, not the plucky amateur team that could afford to buy time for rookie managers. The club have invested a substantial amount of money on the playing side of things and unfortunately it’s clearly evident that things haven’t worked out. I wanted things to work for Ellis but it was getting to a point that were was no coherent or effective plan on the pitch and to me a few players had given up on him. That’s professional football nowadays, once the players stop playing for you, it’s game over. 

The Grant claims are absurd in all honesty. I was a huge fan of Jamieson but he wasn’t getting a game under McKinnon and since he’s left QP he’s been loaned out from Alloa and now playing for mid table league 2 side. In hindsight it was probably the best decision to let him go

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Either the club’s integrity has gone for good or someone at the top needs to go. Sacking a manager after six months in the job, especially one they knew, is hellish poor decision-making. Peter Grant as assistant coach is shameful. Still of the belief he got his dad to get Nicky Jamieson away from the club.

Do you think Laurie has done a good job? 6 league wins all season. 3 wins in our last 16. The manager of Fort William is about the only manager in British football who would feel safe with that kind of record, not the manager of the team with the biggest budget in the league. I would not have trusted Laurie with January’s budget. 

Your Nicky Jamieson comment just sounds unhinged. 

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That Nicky Jamieson patter is absolutely insane.

i don't think Nicky Jamieson is the answer to any of your problems  not yet anyway .  some more development needed there

As for QP sacking  Ellis how envious I am ! , how can we keep Ferguson all things considered .

Best of luck in the search for a good man .

Had to happen. The results weren’t good enough and the team was regressing. Third manager in a year doesn’t reflect well on the decision making at the top, though. Particularly important to get this one right. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a Dutch associate of Marijn Beuker get the gig. 

13 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

That Nicky Jamieson patter is absolutely insane.

Really. Our standout player that year suddenly dropped by McKinnon in favour of Grant Jnr. Grant Snr was part of the Burns era when Fergus McCann revived Celtic and was gave Grant a testimonial in 1997. The guy who organised it all was Willie Haughey, then Celtic Director and trusted lieutenant to McCann. 

I’m pretty sure there would have been some sort of 6 month break clause in his contract so the timing makes sense, as does the actual decision given the direction of the team and general passiveness on the pitch and touch line.

I wonder if Leeann Dempster might be trying to convince Jack Ross to come and work for her again……

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Really. Our standout player that year suddenly dropped by McKinnon in favour of Grant Jnr. Grant Snr was part of the Burns era when Fergus McCann revived Celtic and was gave Grant a testimonial in 1997. The guy who organised it all was Willie Haughey, then Celtic Director and trusted lieutenant to McCann. 

I think Grant might just be a better player than Jamieson mate 

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I’m pretty sure there would have been some sort of 6 month break clause in his contract so the timing makes sense, as does the actual decision given the direction of the team and general passiveness on the pitch and touch line.

I wonder if Leeann Dempster might be trying to convince Jack Ross to come and work for her again……

We've had a similar discussion on our thread due to Graeme Mathie now being our MD. Seems Killie, Morton and Ayr have been in for him from the various rumour mills. To be honest I don't think he's ready to take a step down to rebuild his reputation, genuinely think he's waiting for something like the Aberdeen job to come up. 

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is batshit conspiracy theory lunacy. It was well documented at the time that Jamieson had no interest in signing a full time contract hence why he was replaced by Grant (who is also a better defender). 

4 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

This is batshit conspiracy theory lunacy. It was well documented at the time that Jamieson had no interest in signing a full time contract hence why he was replaced by Grant (who is also a better defender). 

Agree, it's total tin foil hat material.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

39 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We've had a similar discussion on our thread due to Graeme Mathie now being our MD. Seems Killie, Morton and Ayr have been in for him from the various rumour mills. To be honest I don't think he's ready to take a step down to rebuild his reputation, genuinely think he's waiting for something like the Aberdeen job to come up. 

If Ross were to come to us that would explain the delay in him making a decision. He would have been sounded out by Dempster the day he departed Hibs. Having said that I would be surprised if it were him. Truly sorry to see Laurie go but football is a results driven business. Laurie knew that too.

Interested to see what direction Queen's Park are going in here. An obvious merry go round name with track record of turning a big budget into promotions in Scotland (Kettlewell fits that description and has a history with the club as well) or someone completely out of left field? You'd think there's a long term view being taken with this appointment, that it's about not just getting to the Championship but properly consolidating there.

While Queen's Park is a more attractive job than a lot of Championship clubs just now, if Jack Ross isn't willing to consider the Kilmarnock job he surely isn't going to end up at Queen's Park.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Interested to see what direction Queen's Park are going in here. An obvious merry go round name with track record of turning a big budget into promotions in Scotland (Kettlewell fits that description and has a history with the club as well) or someone completely out of left field? You'd think there's a long term view being taken with this appointment, that it's about not just getting to the Championship but properly consolidating there.

While Queen's Park is a more attractive job than a lot of Championship clubs just now, if Jack Ross isn't willing to consider the Kilmarnock job he surely isn't going to end up at Queen's Park.

Don't disagree, but money talks.

If we could get Ross, it’d be some coup. You’d have to think he still has aspirations higher than us, though. We’ve definitely lined someone up, though. You don’t do this without at least being some way down the road.

Suspect Beuker will be heavily involved, so I’m not necessarily expecting a familiar name. Maybe someone he’s worked with at AZ backed up by someone who knows the level and market as assistant. Perhaps a Duffy or MacPherson.

This guy has been around AZ in various roles, as well as managing elsewhere in the Netherlands. Currently without a club https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michel-vonk/profil/trainer/2282

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

If we could get Ross, it’d be some coup. You’d have to think he still has aspirations higher than us, though. We’ve definitely lined someone up, though. You don’t do this without at least being some way down the road.

Suspect Beuker will be heavily involved, so I’m not necessarily expecting a familiar name. Maybe someone he’s worked with at AZ backed up by someone who knows the level and market as assistant. Perhaps a Duffy or MacPherson.

This guy has been around AZ in various roles, as well as managing elsewhere in the Netherlands. Currently without a club https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michel-vonk/profil/trainer/2282

If we really have ambition neither Duffy nor MacPherson should get within five miles of Mount Florida! Kettlewell would fit that bill.

7 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If we really have ambition neither Duffy nor MacPherson should get within five miles of Mount Florida! Kettlewell would fit that bill.

Don’t get the logic for that one. Experienced head as an assistant in that situation, who knows the level and the market, would make a lot of sense and be a good sounding board. 

Edited by an86

I loved Kettlewell when he played for us, and I'd probably still be fairly excited to see him get the job for that reason alone, but I don't know if we can really afford another experiment which ultimately he would be. His record (as sole manager) at County was poor.

Agree that Jack Ross is unrealistic but I'd be surprised if Dempster hasn't at least given him a call anyway, seeing as they worked together at Hibs. It's an attractive position and if the money's right we can definitely aim for someone with decent pedigree.