Queen’s Park 21/22

On 01/10/2021 at 10:54, Mick1867 said:

Behave yourself.

Also £40 for one course and four beers for members who have already paid £300 up front for the season to attend matches is not a good deal, it's quite frankly pish value for money.

Remember that last season a lot of us also paid our full membership of £255 to attend zero games and got to watch only 13 games online ( would have cost £130 if I didn't pay my membership) 

The new commercial guy thinks he's being cute with this "£10 discount" stuff. He's at it big time.   

If the purvey was a £15 Lassani munchy box, you'd be all over it like a rash!

11 hours ago, G_&_T said:

What's happening with Lesser? I can't see any news about it, and the last I heard the dispute with the building contractors had ended.

I understand that a decomposing fox corpse has been successfully removed from the site

Edited by Chester Desmond

On 02/10/2021 at 11:14, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

FFS lads, you're absolutely flying at the moment, with more exciting times on the horizon..... And your moaning about hospitality 👀

I'll be a moany face c**t about anything I want

On 05/10/2021 at 00:16, G_&_T said:

What's happening with Lesser? I can't see any news about it, and the last I heard the dispute with the building contractors had ended.

There were men working at the east end of the ground today.

There’s a bit of a Marmite flavour to the Challenge Cup. I get the outrage about the B team introduction and the arguments for and against. No fans outside the Premiership are ever going to believe it’s anything less than opportunism, a chance to beef up the stock value of ordinary young players reaching their prime selling price.

Nevertheless, it’s a contest that offers the only real chance for the rest of the SPFL clubs to lift a knockout cup and despite all the negativity, I doubt if any fan wouldn’t be there if their favourites made it to the final. Anyone who was at Oswestry 3 years ago will vouch for the special event that was. For a team that had Billy Mortimer as striker and included giants of the game like James Grant and Adam Martin it was a remarkable performance and result.

Tonight brings some relief. Our performances this season, built on last year’s champions, has very much tipped the Hope & Expectation see-saw toward the latter. Tonight, Hope is very much to the fore and I’m okay with that. Laurie seems keen to do well in this competition so we should see a strong team. My biggest hope is the players lift themselves and do the best they are capable of. If they manage that, the result will take care of itself. Enjoy yourself…it’s later than you think!

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 05/10/2021 at 00:16, G_&_T said:

Thanks for asking a serious question.

What is the official reason for the delay at Lesser, and have the Spiders issued any recent statements about it ?

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What is the official reason for the delay at Lesser, and have the Spiders issued any recent statements about it ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was some problem with the contractors which could not be resolved and work stopped. However the last thing I heard was that Queens Park could return to Lesser 'this year':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57843860 

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

54 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was some problem with the contractors which could not be resolved and work stopped. However the last thing I heard was that Queens Park could return to Lesser 'this year':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57843860 

Thanks for showing interest in the club. Tickets for our next home game are still available.

The dispute with the contractor is at an end. The hiatus allowed the new CEO an opportunity to review the plans and put some fresh thinking to it. Meanwhile, we have a year-long arrangement at Firhill for match days. The plan is to return to Lesser for the start of 22-23 season. That's ample time to rebuild Lesser, or the Fourth Hampden as I prefer to call it.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

6 figure fee possibly involved.

Would be a huge signing for Queen's. Already have plenty of creative midfielders (Cove have none) but to add Ethan would show significant intend and financial muscle. I thought he'd ending up signing for an English Championship side or a lower league prem club tbh

Edited by CoveRangers1922

45 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Would be a huge signing for Queen's. Already have plenty of creative midfielders (Cove have none) but to add Ethan would show significant intend and financial muscle. I thought he'd ending up signing for an English Championship side or a lower league prem club tbh

Your right, an86, because the last thing that we need is another midfielder. Now if he was a striker!!!!!

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was on trial with Southampton and Sunderland. Naturally neither club signed him, but whether that had anything to do with Aberdeen demanding a £100k development fee or they just didn't rate him isn't clear. He isn't good enough for the EPL beyond their own development squads. At a League 1 club like Sunderland, perhaps he'd fight his way into contention. 

I was hoping we'd go in for him, but given the fee demanded it was never on. Would be a standout in League 1 if the fee can be negotiated down. 

Edited by Michael W

47 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Any chance our “Sports Science” department can figure out how to get our players to defend crosses from set pieces?

I thought that during the game. You were very impressive at playing out from the back, particularly your goalie, but you barely won a header in your own box all game. 

Who is your keeper? He was excellent tonight - made a few cracking saves, looked confident coming out for the ball, and looked calm with the ball at his feet under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

Who is your keeper? He was excellent tonight - made a few cracking saves, looked confident coming out for the ball, and looked calm with the ball at his feet under pressure. 

The keeper tonight was Calum Ferrie. He was indeed fantastic as you say, he made some great saves, but was let down by the defence. He's our backup, but has always massively impressed me when he's been given the chance to play.