Jump to content

Queen’s Park 21/22


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Can anyone advise on what the roles is of the man on the right, black shirt?

image.thumb.png.9ca73d1b0459ca1bef7fda8a2fd85fcd.png

Why don't you ask Laurie, I'm sure it was his idea to have him and the others in the photo. 

I believe he was also listed in the staff chart during the member meeting, granted it was difficult to read. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

Why don't you ask Laurie, I'm sure it was his idea to have him and the others in the photo. 

I believe he was also listed in the staff chart during the member meeting, granted it was difficult to read. 

Looking at the picture it looks like Laurie regards it as a team effort, and if he considers Graeme to be part of the team who are we to argue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2021 at 16:46, Reclusespider said:

 

I believe he was also listed in the staff chart during the member meeting, granted it was difficult to read. 

It was impossible to read and not everyone was at the meeting but thanks for the info.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2021 at 20:44, JT1867 said:

Looking at the picture it looks like Laurie regards it as a team effort, and if he considers Graeme to be part of the team who are we to argue.

Fair enough but we're perfectly entitled to ask pertinent questions about what role an elected committee member has within our first team's "back room" staff. Just another thing that wasn't communicated properly during the pandemic. 

So thanks for the info Hampden Diehard.  Now we know. I'm sure he's doing a sterling job.

Edited by Mick1867
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote a lengthy and very possibly tedious thread on Twitter about this, but this is probably a better forum for it.

The events of Saturday’s game have once again brought the societal stain of racism to the forefront of our game. One idiot shouting is part of a bigger picture and got me thinking about the question of race within the Scottish game.

Part our goal as a club is to become embedded in the fabric of our local community. We cannot do that without asking ourselves some uncomfortable questions. Does our game do enough to tackle racism and racial inequality?  Does our club? The answer to both would have to be a fairly resounding “No.”

Condemnation and red cards are fine, but what do we * actually * do? How much talking and, more importantly, listening do we actually do with BAME and other minority groups? Not much, I’d suspect. 
 

I’m of the view that our club should reflect our area. Look around the stands on a Saturday. We don’t. It’s a very middle aged and very white picture. We need to feel uncomfortable about that as a club and as a national sport in general. It’s not very much different at any other ground. I’ve seen very few actual instances of racism over the years, but the problem is probably more structural than overt.

We need to ask ourselves why that is and how we can change it? Community means exactly that. It means everyone. I really hope our club recognises this when we’re developing strategies to attract both supporters and participation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I wrote a lengthy and very possibly tedious thread on Twitter about this, but this is probably a better forum for it.

The events of Saturday’s game have once again brought the societal stain of racism to the forefront of our game. One idiot shouting is part of a bigger picture and got me thinking about the question of race within the Scottish game.

Part our goal as a club is to become embedded in the fabric of our local community. We cannot do that without asking ourselves some uncomfortable questions. Does our game do enough to tackle racism and racial inequality?  Does our club? The answer to both would have to be a fairly resounding “No.”

Condemnation and red cards are fine, but what do we * actually * do? How much talking and, more importantly, listening do we actually do with BAME and other minority groups? Not much, I’d suspect. 
 

I’m of the view that our club should reflect our area. Look around the stands on a Saturday. We don’t. It’s a very middle aged and very white picture. We need to feel uncomfortable about that as a club and as a national sport in general. It’s not very much different at any other ground. I’ve seen very few actual instances of racism over the years, but the problem is probably more structural than overt.

We need to ask ourselves why that is and how we can change it? Community means exactly that. It means everyone. I really hope our club recognises this when we’re developing strategies to attract both supporters and participation.

This 100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, an86 said:

 

Praying it’s true, would be an absolute game changer at this level, definitely the sort of signing that would increase our chances of winning the title exponentially. We’ve struggled to break stuffy teams down this season and we all know the quality he possesses from last season from set pieces. Brings an extra goal threat also so here’s hoping it’s made official later today 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Connell was phenomenal for us last season, and there's absolutely no reason to think this time will be any different.

I actually saw some Celtic fans suggesting he should've been in their squad for the Europa League last night.

This could be a huge signing! He would do a job good in the Premier League IMO, never mind League One.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That could be a league winning signing. Queen's are looking terrific all over the park on paper, and I'm a big fan of what I've seen from Lawrie Ellis.

A decent looking defence, a really strong midfield and plenty of goals from Simon Murray. If he stays fit then I'd feel confident sticking a fiver on Queen's for the title. Especially given Falkirk and Cove have hardly been flying so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The quality of loanees is remarkable. Teams like Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Liverpool don’t let their precious talent play at clubs unless they are getting support and facilities commensurate with their own set-ups. The Lochinch move is looking value for money already.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The quality of loanees is remarkable. Teams like Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Liverpool don’t let their precious talent play at clubs unless they are getting support and facilities commensurate with their own set-ups. The Lochinch move is looking value for money already.

With Airdrie having played QP feeling  like fortnightly since the start of the season,  I would say centre mid is your strongest position Liam Brown the stick out, who will Connell replace Gillespie who seems a class above this league also....  admittedly my knowledge of Connell is minimal,   What is your clubs objective  this season   promotion or consolidate, the way the league is the quality of player is and has been getting higher in recent years ,  

 

If you find yourself top of the league in January can you see yourselves adding to the quality again and " kick for home"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The quality of loanees is remarkable. Teams like Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Liverpool don’t let their precious talent play at clubs unless they are getting support and facilities commensurate with their own set-ups. The Lochinch move is looking value for money already.

Yeah right. 😀😀

Haughey must be dropping at least £4000 a week on these additions.

Ellis has no excuses and I suspect Haughey will give him the benefit of the doubt until January. If he has to rifle through his spare change again, he'll be signing up an experienced manager.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...