Queen’s Park 21/22

9 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Callum Ferrie MOTM for me.

That's twice I have seen Queens Park this season, got to say i was pretty impressed,,    use the full pitch well,  Brown in centre mid looks a championship player.   My only concern would be playing to much football every move was carefully constructed allowing defences to get organised,  although Queens had the majority of possession we were never cut open with the keeper having nothing to do....

Mixed bag for our ex players Kilday at as a back up centre back was immense,  McHugh didn't do much has certainly put on the timber since he played with ourselves...

Onto Firhill next week,  hopefully have some more options available for ourselves..

10 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Could there ever be a possibility if Hampden got redeveloped that bringing in the stands behind the goals would allow for an extension or rebuild of the stand currently under construction? The last thing needed is an emptying stadium with loads of unused seats, but can see even at championship level anything less than 5k might be too small. 

Always felt lesser hampden was under used and its great to see QP making it a real home.

From the initial concept renders I've seen of Hampden's redevelopment proposals although the seats behind each goal will be brought in the external fabric to the rear of the east and west stands is remaining largely unaltered. You're right though, that stand is the smallest and could be increased by demolishing the wall behind and having turnstile access from directly behind the stand. The way to maximise Lesser Hampdens capacity would probably be to have all 4 stands the same height and fill in all four corners. That would nudge the capacity to around 7k. You would have to lose the pavilion windows at ground floor but it wouldnt be a big issue.

On 01/09/2021 at 09:46, williebraveheart said:

I agree. We seem to be building a stadium out of expediency not related to our ambitions. 

Expediency is perhaps not correct adjective for the speed with which the redevelopment is moving. My theory is that perhaps the original plans were pulled as they would not match the ambitions/ requirements 10 years from now.  Certainly the way the new plans for the dressing rooms were described, would suggest the original plan was not fit for purpose. So rather then rush in and build for sake of building, we are drawing breath in order to get it right.

1 minute ago, CathcartSkins said:

Expediency is perhaps not correct adjective for the speed with which the redevelopment is moving. My theory is that perhaps the original plans were pulled as they would not match the ambitions/ requirements 10 years from now.  Certainly the way the new plans for the dressing rooms were described, would suggest the original plan was not fit for purpose. So rather then rush in and build for sake of building, we are drawing breath in order to get it right.

That's certainly what I read into it.

On 03/09/2021 at 23:22, Velvet Donkey said:

Callum Ferrie MOTM for me.

He looked good at cross balls and of course did the business in the shoot out (second save was a beauty) but I think he could have done better at their goal tbh.

I thought Kilday was our MOTM, following on from his fine performance at Falkirk. Great to have him back in the side.   

What Friday did prove is we maybe don't have the strength in depth that we think we have. I was quite disappointed with the performances of a few who didn't take their chance to impress. I know it's the least important competition by a long way but we also can't make 7 changes to the side and expect to play to our usual standard. We only starting creating once we started making subs and the main men came on. 

I like the look of Longstaff. Got a few tricks up his sleeve and can see him having an impact in a full strength team. Gillies did well also.

How was Longstaff on Friday, what type of winger is he? Didn’t get to watch the game but hoping he’s an upgrade. Desperately needed a winger in Quitongo’s absence, good to hear has a few tricks in him, certainly looked decent in the highlights

On 06/09/2021 at 11:20, Hampden Diehard said:

Ex QP boy Paul McGinn added to the Scotland squad.  Simon Murray, polish up those orange and yellow boots!

And Scotland finish with two full backs from the QP youth system. Add in Lawrence Shankland and Barry Douglas and that's four players capped in recent times, shows what a good job was being done with the youth set up in the early. 2010s.

On 07/09/2021 at 22:21, JT1867 said:

And Scotland finish with two full backs from the QP youth system. Add in Lawrence Shankland and Barry Douglas and that's four players capped in recent times, shows what a good job was being done with the youth set up in the early. 2010s.

Perhaps telling that these guys played in the first team before moving on. Sadly, we normally lost players well before they reached that level. One of the huge bonuses of being professional is that the good lads might be tempted to stay with us a bit longer and we do get the benefit of the hard work put in by our youth coaches. If they don't, we might get some cash instead, as was the case with Regan Thomson.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

14 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Also Steven Saunders, capped against Luxemburg, and of course Paul Paton capped for Nothern Ireland.

23 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Michael Ruth I’m sure was also in a Scotland squad. Also seen recent lists which had a under 17 Cameron Bruce and under 16 Lennon connelly in Scotland squads in the past months. I think recent posts online suggest the youth is still strong now question just is if they will still get a chance with the first team doing so well

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Murray player of the month and Ellis manager of the month for August. Great to see.

And we’ll deserved. Not only top of the league with three shutouts from five, we’ve also beaten the two main contenders for the title. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Can anyone advise on what the roles is of the man on the right, black shirt?

image.thumb.png.9ca73d1b0459ca1bef7fda8a2fd85fcd.png

Although he is a Committee member he is just a young guy who has retired early, with time on his hands, and is living a dream being involved with the first team. God bless him.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Can anyone advise on what the roles is of the man on the right, black shirt?

image.thumb.png.9ca73d1b0459ca1bef7fda8a2fd85fcd.png

He's in the playing squad COVID bubble and deals with registration and any other admin stuff that would normally be dealt with by the office and other staff. The team train away from Lesser and the COVID restrictions mean that someone has to be on hand to deal with a myriad of practical issues of being remote from the place, and it's him. If the team are training or playing, he is there.