Queen’s Park 21/22

Davison is a very smart piece of business. From what I recall from his previous loan spell, he was extremely physical and strong on the ball in the midfield, although it seems like he’ll be utilised more in defensive areas. With the signings of Brown and Davison who are both 22 and 20 respectively, there seems like there is a progressive plan in building a strong core of a squad which will hopefully serve us for a good few years 

Lewis Moore, a left winger, signed. Freed by Hearts. Loan spells at several clubs, most recently at Arbroath. At 23, there definitely seems to be a focus on guys who are looking to get their full-time careers off and running properly.

If going we are going down this route, I think expectations will have to be tempered a wee bit. Full-time isn’t a magic bullet and there are guys at part-time level who’ll be a bit more streetwise. Got to be an element of patience, accepting these guys aren’t finished articles and letting them develop.

20 minutes ago, an86 said:

Lewis Moore, a left winger, signed. Freed by Hearts. Loan spells at several clubs, most recently at Arbroath. At 23, there definitely seems to be a focus on guys who are looking to get their full-time careers off and running properly.

If going we are going down this route, I think expectations will have to be tempered a wee bit. Full-time isn’t a magic bullet and there are guys at part-time level who’ll be a bit more streetwise. Got to be an element of patience, accepting these guys aren’t finished articles and letting them develop.

I agree with that to an extent but i don’t think that expectations should be altered as result of the recruitment strategy so far. Murray, longridge, Gillespie, Grant, Kilday, Doyle and Mchugh are all in their prime years and we should be aspiring to be the best in the league. League 1 will be highly competitive with strong teams throughout but I’d be disappointed if we still don’t give it a strong push to try and get promotion 

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Callum Yeats 19 year old signing from Hibernian today. Left back 

Callum Yeats was on loan at Stenhousemuir last season as part of our strategic partnership with Hibernian and was one of our better players. It was pretty clear after a couple of games he was too good for League 2 and he would have played in every match had it not been for a mid-season injury.

I think this could be a smashing piece of business for Queen's Park - he's tremendously hard-working, can bound up and down the left flank all day and his delivery is generally good. Everyone I've met who's worked with Yeats talks highly of him, his disposition and his willingness to improve and better himself.

He's not the most statuesque of players and he could do with bulking up a bit but he's the kind of guy fans will really take to. I hope he does you a good turn.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

He's a donkey. Obviously still only young but he was absolutely terrible at us.

Ray isn’t here anymore. You can stop telling us all of your ex-players are shite. 

Just now, an86 said:

Ray isn’t here anymore. You can stop telling us all of your ex-players are shite. 

He may not be, but he did sign Moore for us. Signed him on the basis of being a left back/left mid and to be fair to Moore I don't think he'd ever played a game at left back in his life. In the games he actually played for us he played as a left winger offering absolutely nothing.

Guest Peter LaFleur

I wouldn't judge Moore during his time at Falkirk. I'm sure he was going through personal troubles with his fathers health who sadly passed away. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

For every guy that was rubbish at their clubs, I'll play the Andy Robertson card. Dumped by Celtic and (arguably) world class after getting the QP treatment. Ditto guys like Blair Spittal, Lawrence Shankland, and how many more going back to the Gardner Speirs and Billy Stark years when they picked up top league castoffs and turned them into excellent players. The proof of it will be the performances on the park, but there does seem to be a push to bring in younger guys who'll hopefully do the business and be here for the journey to the European Super League.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

For every guy that was rubbish at their clubs, I'll play the Andy Robertson card. Dumped by Celtic and (arguably) world class after getting the QP treatment. Ditto guys like Blair Spittal, Lawrence Shankland, and how many more going back to the Gardner Speirs and Billy Stark years when they picked up top league castoffs and turned them into excellent players. The proof of it will be the performances on the park, but there does seem to be a push to bring in younger guys who'll hopefully do the business and be here for the journey to the European Super League.

I suspect his stints at Dundee United and Hull City may have had more impact on his overall development as a professional footballer than his time playing under the legendary Gardner Speirs. 

6 minutes ago, Charliechurch said:

I suspect his stints at Dundee United and Hull City may have had more impact on his overall development as a professional footballer than his time playing under the legendary Gardner Speirs. 

You kind of missed the point there.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

You kind of missed the point there.

Robertson is a rare example of a modern Scottish footballer who was prepared to do the necessary. I'm not saying he didn't learn anything at QP,  but most of his progress as a senior footballer came at DU and HC.

Most young lads released by one of the arse cheeks would trade on it with their pals and girls well into their 20s, but Robertson knuckled down with QP and got a move to Dundee United.

I suspect he would have made it to Scottish premiership level regardless of who he played for after Celtic as he had both natural talent and the inner drive to be a professional footballer.