Queen’s Park 21/22

Just now, Arachnophile said:

I guess its just a sign of the times. The club is now so awash with cash that we can afford spare captain's armbands.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Now there’s an innovative idea next time the commercial director wants to clear some dead stock for some higher-value product.

19 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Any idea of good parking areas near Firhill?

Secure PTFC areas are all for directors, officials and players etc. I just park in Firhill Road, so far so good. A Thistle fan warned against taking resident bays in side streets as they’ll double-park you in.

Mind Rangers are playing tonight. There’s roadworks on the M8 westbound side as well. 

22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Now there’s an innovative idea next time the commercial director wants to clear some dead stock for some higher-value product.

Armbands on every seat before the game on Saturday...sorry, I mean handed out in the concourse until they run out. 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Armbands on every seat before the game on Saturday...sorry, I mean handed out in the concourse until they run out. 

I was incredulous. Surplus scarves to give away.

Option A) Members who probably have a pile of scarves, hats, shirts, badges and QP kitchen sink

Option B) Newbies without a scarf, especially youngsters

Tonight's match programme. Whatever club you support, pages 18-20 is the Rant of the Year and essential reading. Caution, you might actually burst a vein laughing. I sincerely hope there's a follow-up on how Keith knows how a Hollywood hooker wears her socks. Fan-tastic!

Match Day Programme – Queen’s Park V Bonnyrigg Rose - Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Tonight's match programme. Whatever club you support, pages 18-20 is the Rant of the Year and essential reading. Caution, you might actually burst a vein laughing. I sincerely hope there's a follow-up on how Keith knows how a Hollywood hooker wears her socks. Fan-tastic!

Match Day Programme – Queen’s Park V Bonnyrigg Rose - Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

Ooft! Rant of biblical proportions!

I can agree with a couple of the initial points about players being entitled to fall over but just about everything after that sounds like a drunken rant of someone that wants the world to rewind 50 years so that they can be openly racist/offensive/sexist (delete as required) all over again. That's regardless of how serious he is about the tailing end of the article.

Edited by super-son

Have always disagreed with the “leave politics out of football” stuff. I’m not advocating rallies at games, but if you believe in the most basic of equalities and tackling discrimination within the game, then that’s politics. 

Football can be a fantastic force for good within local communities and that’s going to involve addressing societal issues that are intrinsically political. Even actively making strides to being a club open to all is political in itself, because we know that all clubs and many areas of society are not, even if they’d claim otherwise. Slogans mean nothing without the actions to back them up.

Anyway, instead of rainbow laces, let’s get ourselves a special one off edition rainbow hoops kit in December. An act of solidarity, an unequivocal gesture that we are a club that welcomes everyone, and a positive news story for the club. Percentage of donations to local charities and organisations.

I want us to be political, not in the party sense, but in the sense that we as a club will be something within our local community that people can turn to. Not just the football on a Saturday at 3pm. Look at some of the stuff Motherwell are doing around mental health and ticketing for the low waged and unemployed. That is a proper football club and something to aspire to as we go forward. 

I thought that was an odd game. 1st half we looked pretty comfortable and Fox looked good at the back as we grew into the game. Morrison still seems to be prone to a rash tackle, and I thought he was lucky to still be on the park by full-time. Until about the 70th minute I thought our possession was very good, and Liam Brown’s distribution is top class generally. Sloppiness in possession towards the end of the game really gifted them chances, and you can’t say Bonnyrigg’s goal was undeserved judging from how we switched off at key moments. 

In attack i was really impressed by Bob McHugh, a completely different player to the one I watched last season, with some great flicks on and passes. He was unlucky not to score also.  We’re still too passive in possession though: I‘m glad to see we’re shooting from distance (Gillespie and Longridge very unlucky) but poor delivery on crosses meant we were fairly predictable I felt. Regardless, we’re in the hat and that’s what matters. 

Good of the Groundsmen at Firhill to stick in Soap across the grass right enough.

13 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Secure PTFC areas are all for directors, officials and players etc. I just park in Firhill Road, so far so good. A Thistle fan warned against taking resident bays in side streets as they’ll double-park you in.

Mind Rangers are playing tonight. There’s roadworks on the M8 westbound side as well. 

Cheers for the heads up, ended up parking near the Murano Student Village. Plenty spaces. 

16 hours ago, super-son said:

Ooft! Rant of biblical proportions!

I can agree with a couple of the initial points about players being entitled to fall over but just about everything after that sounds like a drunken rant of someone that wants the world to rewind 50 years so that they can be openly racist/offensive/sexist (delete as required) all over again. That's regardless of how serious he is about the tailing end of the article.

I have the advantage of knowing the guy for longer than you, Spider Rico and Urban Goose have been on this planet. All of you seem to have not yet learned the life skill of tolerance to other opinions. Nor the ability to interpret when someone firmly has their tongue in their cheek. Giving out wee riddy’s makes you feel the better man, does it?

11 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

In attack i was really impressed by Bob McHugh, a completely different player to the one I watched last season, with some great flicks on and passes. He was unlucky not to score also.  

You say unlucky, some might say the chance was on a plate for him to score.. And what about his penalty? That's the last two he's put wildly over the bar. I was more impressed with him when he came on second half on Saturday, his all round play was far better and he got some luck with the goalkeeping for his goal  but I'm not ready yet to join in the  love-in. I'll back the players 100% during the matches and encourage them at all times but I will say on here we still need much more from him. He came to the club with a reputation that he hasn't lived up to yet. We had small flashes of his ability last season with his goal at Annan and the Stennie home game but this really is the season for him to produce it. 

As for the game, we made heavy weather of that. Pissed all over them possession wise first half without creating much, Gillespie unlucky with that strike off the bar and for me he was our man of the match. Second half we missed an absolute sitter before gifting them a goal trying to be smart rather than just doing the basics. They probably should also have had a penalty before we got ours ( need to see incidents again) but quality toys out the pram stuff from their coach and sub. Had to rely on Willie at the death when he stopped that guy going  round him to score and of course in the penalty shoot out. Quality and composed penalty from Doyle to see us through. That's why he's our captain. 

Buzzin to play Airdrie two weeks in a row 😩   

21 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Here's another reason  from last night why he's our captain. Giving the armband this time to big Smudger's boy. Class act on and off the park 

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

Been brilliant since he came in, both in terms of performance and how he conducts himself. Sort of character that is required around a club if it’s to be successful. 

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just read it.

Wonderful stuff. Best read I’ve had for a long time.

Just surprised the editor allowed it.

Everything tends to be very sanitised nowadays.

Dont know how much of it I agreed with or not but a fabulous read.

Well done, Keith.

22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

QP allowing this kind of prose to appear, unfettered, in their programme is a massive stain on a club seeking to establish itself in the local community and grow its fanbase going forward, in what is growingly a very young and progressive area. A real shame.

297.jpg

Edited by the_bully_wee