Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

I see we have appointed someone to the Executive Director/QP Foundation role. Ex Motherwell and Hibs (which suggests this has been lined up for a while.)

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/charlie-starts-his-new-role/

Will be interesting to see the detail of these initiatives over the coming weeks and months. 

Appears to be very successful at what he does. Should be an asset.

19 hours ago, I Zingari said:

It's always good to have a group of fans who add to the atmosphere at games by singing and chanting. Queen's Park supporters have generally done that without feeling the need to introduce swear words. Unfortunately, at yesterday's game, there was a chant directed towards Airdrie that was in poor taste. If Queen's Park is to increase its supporter base, it will be imperative to attract families to games. Inappropriate songs will do nothing to help the club achieve that target.  

You can't have it both ways. You appear to want these fans there to create an atmosphere on your behalf but also want to censor those same fans according to your own sensibilities.

You are perfectly entitled to get offended by "swear words" of course but probably better if you take ownership of your objections and don't hide behind "families" as your excuse. I had young family members at the game on Saturday. All sitting a few rows from where all the singing was coming from. None of them were upset or had issues. They actually loved the atmosphere and one of them commented on how much better it was than the morgue that was Hampden.   

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It was the hatred, and it was loud and vitriolic, towards Airdrieonians FC that shocked me a bit. 

Come on now. A few guys shouting " We fuckin hate Airdrie" or whatever is hardly a hate mob. And this is Airdrie fans we're talking about here. Hardly shrinking violets over the years... in fact the complete opposite

Seems to me that the criticism of the song is a little harsh. QP fans on their day probably make more noise than most clubs in the bottom two tiers. I think it's unfair to complain or target them for saying fu@k off Airdrie. I've said a lot worse at a game of football.  

That said, I'd agree that the song isn't attractive and may put a family off. May need to get more "innovative" with the songs  😉

Edited by QPSpider1867