Jump to content

Queen’s Park 21/22


Recommended Posts

Sadly, I cannot make the game tomorrow but assumed I would be able to watch a live stream but it appears this is not the case.

Ach well, I thought I guess everyone must have stopped  live streaming games now fans are allowed in (albeit in limited numbers)

But I was wrong.

There are 15 league cup games on tomorrow.

14 of them are available to watch online.

QP are the only team not streaming their game.

What's that about?

The club will be £10 poorer as a result.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping to renew season tickets for both me and my dad but had a few questions regarding the club's covid rules at the ground.

I noticed on the QP twitter there was a photograph of people sitting beside each other. Can I assume the stewards would have no issue if I sat next to my dad.

Also people in the photograph were not wearing masks, are the stewards therefore happy for masks to be removed when sitting in you seat. This would useful as we both need glasses. 

Lastly, if you needed the toilet can you go straight in or are there stewards controlling the number of people entering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PeterParker said:

I am hoping to renew season tickets for both me and my dad but had a few questions regarding the club's covid rules at the ground.

I noticed on the QP twitter there was a photograph of people sitting beside each other. Can I assume the stewards would have no issue if I sat next to my dad.

Also people in the photograph were not wearing masks, are the stewards therefore happy for masks to be removed when sitting in you seat. This would useful as we both need glasses. 

Lastly, if you needed the toilet can you go straight in or are there stewards controlling the number of people entering.

Very relevant questions. I am still wary to attend for similar reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping to renew season tickets for both me and my dad but had a few questions regarding the club's covid rules at the ground.
I noticed on the QP twitter there was a photograph of people sitting beside each other. Can I assume the stewards would have no issue if I sat next to my dad.
Also people in the photograph were not wearing masks, are the stewards therefore happy for masks to be removed when sitting in you seat. This would useful as we both need glasses. 
Lastly, if you needed the toilet can you go straight in or are there stewards controlling the number of people entering.
I've been at both games at firhill, one on my own and one with others in my household. From what i've seen stewards have not had any issue with folks sitting beside each other. I have however seen them asking people to put their masks back on while they are seated.
There is a sign outside the gents toilet nearest where I was sitting that said a max of 9 people at a time could go in. Any time I went in (admittedly not at half time when I'd expect it to be busiest) I was the only one in there and there was no steward at the door controlling the numbers. One steward I was chatting to as I entered the stadium yesterday did mention the limit of 9 people, so it may be that they will try to enforce this at busier times.
It's worth bearing in mind that the restrictions are changing as if tomorrow, and so that may possibly mean that more people will be allowed in the stadium and that the rules are either relaxed or enforced more strictly (or both!?)
Not sure if that helps any?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PeterParker said:

I am hoping to renew season tickets for both me and my dad but had a few questions regarding the club's covid rules at the ground.

I noticed on the QP twitter there was a photograph of people sitting beside each other. Can I assume the stewards would have no issue if I sat next to my dad.

Also people in the photograph were not wearing masks, are the stewards therefore happy for masks to be removed when sitting in you seat. This would useful as we both need glasses. 

Lastly, if you needed the toilet can you go straight in or are there stewards controlling the number of people entering.

The booking site has 5 seats between each person and at least a couple of rows in either direction. The vast majority are content with that although I noticed a small group at the back yesterday with a bit more so if you’re booking between middle and front you’ll be fine. My son and I chose to sit just one seat apart (we share a car to the game) and no-one has challenged that. Bear in mind Thistle are operating a bubble system so it won’t be strange for stewards to see small groups, especially pairs, close to each other. Likewise we remove our masks when seated. Everyone wears their masks when moving around.

The toilet blocks are managed to ensure a one-way system. Some urinals and basins restricted from use. No food stalls and bags not encouraged, to remove unecessary contact with bag searches, but there is a water marshall providing free individual paper cups. There’s also a friendly face from the stewards at Hampden at the ticket gate, which is also well marshalled and controlled. The stewards are provided by G4S but so far have had a different attitude, very welcoming and polite. Seems a real recognition we are all in this horrid thing together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The booking site has 5 seats between each person and at least a couple of rows in either direction. The vast majority are content with that although I noticed a small group at the back yesterday with a bit more so if you’re booking between middle and front you’ll be fine. My son and I chose to sit just one seat apart (we share a car to the game) and no-one has challenged that. Bear in mind Thistle are operating a bubble system so it won’t be strange for stewards to see small groups, especially pairs, close to each other. Likewise we remove our masks when seated. Everyone wears their masks when moving around.

The toilet blocks are managed to ensure a one-way system. Some urinals and basins restricted from use. No food stalls and bags not encouraged, to remove unecessary contact with bag searches, but there is a water marshall providing free individual paper cups. There’s also a friendly face from the stewards at Hampden at the ticket gate, which is also well marshalled and controlled. The stewards are provided by G4S but so far have had a different attitude, very welcoming and polite. Seems a real recognition we are all in this horrid thing together.

 

36 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I've been at both games at firhill, one on my own and one with others in my household. From what i've seen stewards have not had any issue with folks sitting beside each other. I have however seen them asking people to put their masks back on while they are seated.
There is a sign outside the gents toilet nearest where I was sitting that said a max of 9 people at a time could go in. Any time I went in (admittedly not at half time when I'd expect it to be busiest) I was the only one in there and there was no steward at the door controlling the numbers. One steward I was chatting to as I entered the stadium yesterday did mention the limit of 9 people, so it may be that they will try to enforce this at busier times.
It's worth bearing in mind that the restrictions are changing as if tomorrow, and so that may possibly mean that more people will be allowed in the stadium and that the rules are either relaxed or enforced more strictly (or both!?)
Not sure if that helps any?

Thanks very much for the replies. Sounds like we are good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always good to have a group of fans who add to the atmosphere at games by singing and chanting. Queen's Park supporters have generally done that without feeling the need to introduce swear words. Unfortunately, at yesterday's game, there was a chant directed towards Airdrie that was in poor taste. If Queen's Park is to increase its supporter base, it will be imperative to attract families to games. Inappropriate songs will do nothing to help the club achieve that target.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

It's always good to have a group of fans who add to the atmosphere at games by singing and chanting. Queen's Park supporters have generally done that without feeling the need to introduce swear words. Unfortunately, at yesterday's game, there was a chant directed towards Airdrie that was in poor taste. If Queen's Park is to increase its supporter base, it will be imperative to attract families to games. Inappropriate songs will do nothing to help the club achieve that target.  

It is football and most weans will hear and say worse in the playground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

That's hardly an excuse. What about being up to your knees in feenian blood? That's sung at football grounds.

“Feenian” is a discriminatory term. “f**k”is not. Not even in the same galaxy.

Edited by an86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re short on goals but I’m enjoying our style of play more this year than last. I think Ellis has a better football brain than McKinnon. If Murray can start finishing then we’ll look tidy.

Sal loves a difficult header but hates a sitter. 

Too many good performers to mention. Wee shame the goals aren’t coming. 

Willie is in the peak of his career. Very assured.

Desperate for Grant and Kilday to return. Morrison is a liability. I didn’t think he could do worse than letting the ball run under his feet in the opening minutes but he managed to give away that pen needlessly.
*queue the blind defence and insult from TMWNN*

Edited by QPSpider1867
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, I Zingari said:

It's always good to have a group of fans who add to the atmosphere at games by singing and chanting. Queen's Park supporters have generally done that without feeling the need to introduce swear words. Unfortunately, at yesterday's game, there was a chant directed towards Airdrie that was in poor taste. If Queen's Park is to increase its supporter base, it will be imperative to attract families to games. Inappropriate songs will do nothing to help the club achieve that target.  

As a Diamond I was away up the far end in the sunshine so I heard no chant but that might also be my age. Given that there were only about 70 Airdrie supporters I don't suppose anyone got upset. The stewarding arrangements were very good . On the game itself QP played the better football (and chances) but our "play the %s almost got us the lead . It will be a tightly challenging L1 again. Someone posted that QP have lost all their penalty shootouts versus Airdrie-I think there was one a few seasons ago which finished 13-12?  Best wishes .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, an86 said:

“Feenian” is a discriminatory term. 

I don’t think it’s sung at any football games now but the reference is actually to the ****** Brotherhood, a covert army akin to paramilitaries of The Troubles. Hence the reference to being knee-deep in blood, signifying some historic win on a battlefield. Long since gone but a place in Irish history, as was William of Orange. Of course, the timeline of existence for the ******s was a couple of centuries after The Nine Year War but the Ibrox songwriters weren’t to know that. Same chaps who would have needed to build those gallows about 5 miles high in order to see the Antrim Glen and the Hills of County Down. It’s only people of ignorance who altered history for football songs. Same ignorant people who thought the Billy Boys related to King Billy when it’s actually an adaptation of a Rangers club song, The Rangers Boys, dubbed Billy Boys by a gang from Bridgeton of the same name who’s leader-aff was Billy Fullerton. So all those who sing Hallo, Hallo are being reverent to a razor-gang mobster.  

It was the hatred, and it was loud and vitriolic, towards Airdrieonians FC that shocked me a bit. Or was it the town of Airdrie that brew such hate? I genuinely don’t understand what AFC have ever done to our club to generate that Ill-feeling. I’d genuinely like to know if you don’t mind sharing? Seems to me, in recent history anyway, they’ve been nothing less than friends to QPFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

 

It was the hatred, and it was loud and vitriolic, towards Airdrieonians FC that shocked me a bit. Or was it the town of Airdrie that brew such hate? I genuinely don’t understand what AFC have ever done to our club to generate that Ill-feeling. I’d genuinely like to know if you don’t mind sharing? Seems to me, in recent history anyway, they’ve been nothing less than friends to QPFC.

Given that I did not hear the chant, and not wanting to get anyone in trouble for posting the content, it has indeed intrigued me that some QP chaps indulged in such a chant. During the Commonwealth games I went to several QP games in Airdrie as a neutral, and found sitting in the QP end quite amenable. I also can't think of any past issues between the clubs or supporters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We’re short on goals but I’m enjoying our style of play more this year than last. I think Ellis has a better football brain than McKinnon. If Murray can start finishing then we’ll look tidy.

Sal loves a difficult header but hates a sitter. 

Too many good performers to mention. Wee shame the goals aren’t coming. 

Willie is in the peak of his career. Very assured.

Desperate for Grant and Kilday to return. Morrison is a liability. I didn’t think he could do worse than letting the ball run under his feet in the opening minutes but he managed to give away that pen needlessly.
*queue the blind defence and insult from TMWNN*

TMWNN is very quiet these days I think that he has been told by someone further up the ladder not to get involved again with this forum. I enjoyed the game, as indeed I enjoyed the Motherwell game, but was surprised to see 4 ex-Presidents sitting on their own, in the Members section and not beside the Committee men. Wonder if the new regime has taken away their previous perks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yaxley-Lennon was welcomed with open arms by a section of the Airdrie support a couple of years ago. Responsible for the death of Clydebank FC. What's to like really? Having said that, I don't consider them rivals at all and we won't register at all with them. Fair game for pelters when we play them, though. Just as we are by our opponents, as I'm sure we'll find out with the "Gretna" and other related stuff as the season goes on. If it's not discriminatory or spills over into violence, then crack on. I don't think I've been to a single game of football in my life where I've not heard at very least the odd sweary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What were the words to this song?

“We hate Airdrie, everybody hates fuckin Airdrie” to the tune of Tiffany’s 1987 anthem “I Think We’re Alone Now.” Fearing UEFA sanctions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...