Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Delighted to hear Grant and Quitongo extending their stay. Anyone can see the benefits that Grant brings to our backline. A real leader, and always looks solid.

Quitongo for all his selfishness, while playing, is still a vital player for us. Can really grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drive on. Hopefully other key players extending their stay is announced soon.

Agreed but the tone of the announcement suggests it will be a good while before either of them are fit enough to play.

Definitely need to bring in at least one  centre half and a couple of wide players 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Agreed but the tone of the announcement suggests it will be a good while before either of them are fit enough to play.

Definitely need to bring in at least one  centre half and a couple of wide players 

Agreed. Remains to be seen how much Morrison can be relied upon at L1 level, but regardless of this i'd like to see another Centre Half, and cover in the Full Back areas. Interested to see who Ellis identifies anyway!

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any opinions of Ross MacLean?

I know you'll naturally not want to hear a Falkirk fan's opinion of anyone but during his time with us he was fairly limited due to injury. He possesses a lot of pace with very little skill but can use it effectively to beat his man and get crosses into the box. Very direct player and is very much an old fashioned winger. His main issue at Falkirk was he'd play a good cameo 10 mins from the bench then get a start the next again week which involved him being subbed off through injury. Hopefully he has had better luck at QP.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Any opinions of Ross MacLean?

Would say he’ll do a decent enough job for Dumbarton. When he first joined in January last year, his early performances suggested that he would be a mainstay in the team. He was quick, direct and provided some decent assists in the process. However, like most wingers at this level, inconsistency was a massive issue, particularly after the enforced break in January. The bad games were starting to outweigh the good ones and whilst the fantastic form Jai Quitongo placed Maclean on the bench, he made little impact to challenge for a starting spot. 

I would definitely say he’s capable of playing at league 1 level, however I’m not surprised he’s been released by QP. I don’t think he’d of been effective enough to help challenge at the top end of the table 

Hope he does well though, always gave 100% and never hid even when things weren’t going for him 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Would say he’ll do a decent enough job for Dumbarton. When he first joined in January last year, his early performances suggested that he would be a mainstay in the team. He was quick, direct and provided some decent assists in the process. However, like most wingers at this level, inconsistency was a massive issue, particularly after the enforced break in January. The bad games were starting to outweigh the good ones and whilst the fantastic form Jai Quitongo placed Maclean on the bench, he made little impact to challenge for a starting spot. 

I would definitely say he’s capable of playing at league 1 level, however I’m not surprised he’s been released by QP. I don’t think he’d of been effective enough to help challenge at the top end of the table 

Hope he does well though, always gave 100% and never hid even when things weren’t going for him 

Cheers, does he play on the right side aye?

On 07/06/2021 at 18:32, Arachnophile said:

You would think with all the money we have, we could have afforded a better pen.

image.png.e040538cf2d52cd05de98975b2a3c614.png

Between the pen and the Admiral kits, you lot are as budget as they come eh...things are poor in the south side right enough. 

Shame the record don’t still do kit tokens otherwise could get u lot some decent ones 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s happening with Bob McHugh?

I only ask because we’re in need of a couple of strikers and Hopkin is a known fan of his.

He’s under contract for another year

To be honest he was really disappointing last year. Hardly scored from open play despite being the regular number 9 in a dominant team and more often than not he was 5 yards away from where we needed him to be.

9 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

He’s under contract for another year

To be honest he was really disappointing last year. Hardly scored from open play despite being the regular number 9 in a dominant team and more often than not he was 5 yards away from where we needed him to be.

He's better coming off the bench, has that fire in his belly when he comes on for the last 20 mins.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's better coming off the bench, has that fire in his belly when he comes on for the last 20 mins.

That was the same 20 minutes he would be on the bench. Started nearly every game. With McKinnon away seems likely he’ll follow. Hard to see any other reason why he started each week, especially when we had options.