Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I see we’ve been included in one of those clickbaity “five possible clubs for Scott Allan” now that he’s leaving Hibs. It’s going to be a particularly silly “silly season” I reckon.

I doubt Scott Allan would command as much as Dominic Thomas' £1800 a week, in fairness.

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Would be great if QP overtake Partick into becoming Glasgow's third biggest club 🤔

Thistle are a well established big Championship club with a tradition of playing top flight football. They’re part of the fabric of their area and have a good fanbase. We’re miles off that just now, even if we manage to compete with or better them in league positions in the next few years.

Will be interesting to see if it develops into a rivalry. Have no ill will towards them, other than maybe wanting to beat them that wee bit more because we share a city. If we can get Lesser into shape, the games will be sold out and great occasions. I don’t know how much working together clubs do from a marketing perspective, but there’s definitely some mileage in an alternative Glasgow derby for the neutral or casual fan.

17 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Being a romantic I think it would have been great to see Queen's Park return to Cathkin.

Cathkin has just been leased to a private group that run a training school. It would have taken far too much to move in anyway and Queen's did actually look at that as an option before deciding to upgrade Lesser I believe.

39 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Cathkin has just been leased to a private group that run a training school. It would have taken far too much to move in anyway and Queen's did actually look at that as an option before deciding to upgrade Lesser I believe.

That's interesting - a pity.

34 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

That's interesting - a pity.

Don’t think it’d have gone down particularly well locally. Largely been used as a public park for decades and firing a stadium onto what is now a green space would not have been good PR. Probably talking dozens of trees down and neighbouring properties who didn’t buy a house next to a stadium having one dropped in their garden. It’s an important bit of history and is probably best left as that.

6 hours ago, an86 said:

I see we’ve been included in one of those clickbaity “five possible clubs for Scott Allan” now that he’s leaving Hibs. It’s going to be a particularly silly “silly season” I reckon.

And in an other piece of similar nonsense, Luca Connell is one of 17 players whose Parkhead days may be numbered.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/17-celtic-fringe-players-who-23982592

46 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Listed as a Heart of Midlothian player and not QP this time.

Read an article a few weeks back where Robbie Neilson was planning to assess smith over the summer and early cup games. Stated that he was planning to loan him out to a championship side next season if it came to it. Would imagine we’d be the front runners if he became available 

How do you think the club are going to view the recruitment side this summer? Are we gonna be ruthless ? There’s certain players I’d of been happy to keep in league 1 but I’m not so sure in the championship 

So far we’ve got: 

Brown, Thompson, Williamson, Bruce, Ferrie and Moore(please punt) all contracted for next season as it stands. 

Fox, Robson, Murray and Lyon I’d be more than happy to give new deals to

Then there’s Doyle, Kilday, Grant, Quitongo, mchugh, Longridge, Morrison, Gillespie and Davidson. Tbh I think we need to let all these guys go. Absolutely over the moon with their contribution to achieve promotion but we still need to be realistic about who we’re up against next season 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

How do you think the club are going to view the recruitment side this summer? Are we gonna be ruthless ? There’s certain players I’d of been happy to keep in league 1 but I’m not so sure in the championship 

So far we’ve got: 

Brown, Thompson, Williamson, Bruce, Ferrie and Moore(please punt) all contracted for next season as it stands. 

Then there’s Doyle, Kilday, Grant, Quitongo, mchugh, Longridge, Morrison, Gillespie and Davidson. Tbh I think we need to let all these guys go. Absolutely over the moon with their contribution to achieve promotion but we still need to be realistic about who we’re up against next season 

Muir?

So far we’ve got: 

Quitongo might fancy a move to airdrie

Can’t let the euphoria affect the judgement. Whole season needs to be taken into consideration. We finished 28 points behind Cove Rangers, so the progress and step up we have to make is self-evident.

Some harsh decisions are going to have to be made. The team needs an identity next season, which we didn’t have for much of this season. Of those not contracted, Fox and Robson are my only certs. Character is as important as quality, so I’d be open to keeping Grant and Doyle as squad players.

I believe Connell only has a year left on his contract at Celtic. I know he wouldn't come cheap, but he absolutely rose to the occasion in the playoffs and could comfortably step up to the Championship, especially with better players around him. I'd love to see us make an attempt at getting him in again, possibly even permanently.

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

So far we’ve got: 

Muir is first out the door for me. Ferrie as back up keeper and someone better brought in